Thread: Innovative read me (PLEASE READ)

Thanks

Innovative read me (PLEASE READ)

Innovative read me by Graham7

I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
    DONE.

Information in this post is for educational
    purposes only
    You can't use it to watch pay TV without subscription.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have but all the information in one read me to help other members to find the information more easy. If there something you want to add let me know and I will add it. Hope this is all right with you all. And if you see anything wrong as I still have not got my STB.

Getting started.

By drpaulos.

1.When first installing your system connect all cables etc
    2.Connected up the Innovative.
    3.And setup on Hotbird.
    4.Scanned all TP's and checked the ART Sports channels - scrambled.
    5.Then I removed the foam from the back of the receiver, and connected the ethernet connection.

6.Then keyed in 9906 on the remote, and downloaded the latest s/w.
    7.After this, the ART Sports channels worked.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Turn on EMU(Emulation)

1.Enter 8943 on the remote.
    2.Goto TPS and it will start to download the new keys (wait for up to 3 minutes).
    3.Tps should come on.
    4.I then followed up with setting up other sats.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updating D+ keys.

1.Press 8282 on the remote to bring up the key manager.

D+ Key 00 should go in Nagra 4101 - 10, 11 lines
    D+ Key 01 should go in Nagra 4101 - 20, 21 lines

updating the D+ keys ident 4101

you enter the new keys there in the relevant lines if the new key is
    the 00 (41.01) that is entered in lines 10+11 if the new key is 01(41.01) it is entered
    in lines 20+21 ,eg. new key 01- if the key you have has 16 pairs of numbers then
    the first 8 pairs would be entered in ident 4101 line 20, and the second 8 pairs in line 21."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Aldo

1.Go to a Taquilla Channel and then press 8282 on your remote
    2.This will bring up the keys section, go to Nagravision
    3.Press the right volume button, scroll down to Via Digital 41 01 00 - press the right volume button

4.This will then highlight key 10, scroll down to line 20 then press OK
    5. A small keypad will appear - key in the first set of keys and then click save.
    6.Go through the same procedure again and this time highlight line 21 press OK input the second set of keys, save and exit.

if you have done all of this correctly you should be able to view all of the Taquilla package channels. I hope that this is of some help to you.

With the latest keys you will have to insert them into lines 10 & 11, instead of the 20 and 21 in this example.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BISS KEYS

By silent sam.

One of the issues on late is the BISS KEYS and How to add manually like other boxes.

1. Go to the BISS channel you want to load keys for
    2. Press 8282 ... then INFO .... write down the NID and SID hex codes
    3. Press Back and go to the BISS key section (press 8282 if necessary to get back into the key menu)
    4. Type the name of the channel or choose a name ... then in the Provider ID add the following:
    all four NID characters and the last two SID characters
    5. Add the key and save

You have now successfully added.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The remote codes are:

8943 - Menu

8282 - Keys

9901 - to connect down

9906 - to load software.

red button - green button - 0 - for DHCP

Theses s/w contains NewCamd option + Gb*x ( D-server ) ; activated by simple pressing 9907 and desactivated by pressing 9900 ...
    By this way this box will never die with all options that have now

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    power search

By staffo

1.Go to system settings.
    2.down to power search.
    3.and turn on.
    4.Press ok and then the back button.

By switching on the power search, all pre-loaded sats will be searched by the receiver while in standby mode. Adding all available new channels. The feature can be left on to ensure you have the latest channels, or any that have changed tp's or new pid's.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    edit Sats/TPs

By Aldo.

1.Menu
    2.User Preference
    3.Press OK
    4.Enter password (000)
    5.Scroll down to Sat/T.P
    6.Edit
    7.Press OK
    8.Highlight whichever Sat you wish to Edit
    9.press the Right Vol Button (You will find that there are a lot of TP's that are no longer active and can be deleted, thus shortening the time it takes
    to do the scan on that particular Sat.)(you can also add any TPs that are not curren**y
    listed.).
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By tiny2

Useful when all else fails ! Also recovers from the situation where the Network Info blue box shows all zeroes in the IP, GW, SM, DNS fields and nothing gets unscrambled.

Requirements.
    From the RECEIVER SOFTWARE (Innovative) section of this forum download:

* DownTool_0927.zip

* Innovative_MiddleEast_3000FXI_V3. 3.zip

Unzip both files into the same folder.

Connect a NULL MODEM 9 pin serial cable between the receiver and a comm port of your pc. Here I use windows xp, I'm not sure what other (if any) versions of windows are compatible with the loader software.

Plug the receiver power lead into a switched mains outlet, so when the time comes you can easily and cleanly switch on the power to the receiver. Using the receiver front panel Power button will not be sufficient. With the mains switched off at the socket, make sure everything is connected to the receiver -- television, network cable, serial cable, satellite antenna lead.

On the pc, run Downtool_0927.exe. The application is called "STB Editor".
    From the "Tool" menu, select "Loader" then click on "Loader Send".
    The "Code Send" box appears.

Press the "Open" button, select "Innovative_MiddleEast_3000FXI_V3 .3.bin" and press the "Open" button to dismiss the dialogue box.

The "Type" selection box should show "FTA_MODEL". The "Connect" selection box should show the comm port to which you connected the null modem cable. If it doesn't, select the correct one.

Now press the "START" button and a second or two later switch on the mains supply to the receiver. A download progress bar should be visible on the pc screen and the receiver should show a display segment moving around the outside of the LED display. After a minute or so the progress bar should get to 100% at which time the on-screen message changes to:

Downloading Done
    Flash burning....

at which point the receiver display shows a quickly moving segment. After a few secon#s the pc should show:
    Download Success!

The receiver should now reboot and if you have some previously scanned channels in memory, will start up on the last channel used. If you have not got any channels stored, then select hotbird and scan a few in; doesn't have to be all of them.

Now use remote code 9906 which will initiate an on-line software update using your internet connection. When that completes and reboots, use remote code 8943 to reconnect to the server.

Thats what worked for me.

Feel free to suggest any improvements/corrections.

regards..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update using the loader.

Software fix for ethernet connection by flashharry

Hi maxpower this is how I have dun it twice,
    Download you files, patch 8/12/2006, download tool.
    1.Remove your internet connection (remove ethernet cable from receiver).
    2.Connect your null modem to receiver.
    3.Switch receiver of at mains, not remote.
    4.Download tool on p.c.
    5.tool menu.
    6.Loader.
    7.Loader send.
    8.code box.
    9.Set com port, FTA.
    10.Open to load patch.
    11.Then start
    11.Go and switch mains power to receiver ( not taking to long to do that)
    Display on receiver will start moving in short lines arround o/s of display.
    At end of loading they will move quicker.
    download bar on pc, when thats done it will say flash burning.

Sure receiver reboots (I think ) but wood leave a few mins, to make sure its finished.
    Get receiver running and go to menu.
    System information.
    Press on remote red, green, 0.
    This will open cs settings.
    Go to ethernet module upgrade.
    Press ok on remote.
    Look at front of receiver and you will see it loading.
    Wait, when finished think it reboots.
    Do a factory reset.
    Load hotbird enter 8943 and enjoy

Thats wot I done, do not think missed anything out, tryed on 2 receiver and it worked.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Graham7

You will need a Null Modem Serial Cable DB9F to DB9F RS232

Send data from STB to PC(Factory date)

Best if you can do this with the STB connect to the TV but can be done without.

1.Turn on STB
    2.Press meun
    3.Press OK (Installation on TV)
    4.Press four 0 (If you have change this but in your code. If you have turn it off just goto step 5)
    5.Press the CH up 2 TIMES MAKE SURE YOU DO
    6.Press OK
    7.Press CH down 1 TIME (SEND DATA)
    8.Press OK (DO NOT DO THIS YET)
    9.On your computer start up STB editor
    10.Click on download
    11.A box will come on
    12.Press SI (By CODE & LOADER & K-TABLE)
    13.Click on Receive
    14.Click on open and but a name for the factory date file
    15.Change to right com port & FTA MODEL
    16. Know press OK from step 8 and wait for CH in the window of STB
    17.Press start on STB editor and it will start sending the data to your computer
    And that it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Send data from PC to STB

By Graham7

1.Connect STB to PC by null cable
    2.Start up STB editor
    3.Click on tools
    4.Goto SI
    5.A box will come on
    6.Click on SI(By CODE & LOADER & K-TABLE)
    7.Click on send
    8.Click on open
    9.Click on the factory data from your PC
    10.Make sure you are on the right com & FTA MODEL
    11.Turn off your STB by the plug
    12. Click on start and then but the plug in and it will star to send the data to the STB
    13 Wait untill the STB turn back on

You are done.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cannot get connect try this before you do Ethernet internet fix.

By rdann

Did you follow correct procedure when you ran the ethernet patch, power off at the mains, remove the ethernet cable, then run ethernet patch, it should do the following:-

1) shows con on front panel
    2) numbers go from 1 to 100
    3) Front panel shows suc
    4) Innovation reboots.

Then power off and reconnect ethernet cable power on and check system settings for connection.

There are also plenty of other posts on the forums with regards to the dreaded 0s and connection issues, If the above does not work for you then check them out as there is more than one way to get connected again.

Good luck
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Send data from PC to STB for Software update.

By Graham7

Updated 30/7/08.

1.Connect STB to PC by null cable
    2.Start up STB editor
    3.Click on tools
    4.Goto Code
    5.Then Code send
    6.A box will come on
    7.Click open
    8.Find the Software you want to send to the STB
    10.Make sure you are on the right com & FTA MODEL 25
    11.Press start a box will come on saying download not requested Click ok press start again
    12. Press the power button on the STB and it will start sending the new SW.
    13 Wait untill the STB turn back on

You are done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ethernet internet fix.

By rdann

1.08_12_2006_patch.zip

2.Then do a factory reset
    3.Dis-connect the ethernet cable
    4.On the remote press RED GREEN and then 0
    5.At the menu go to Ethernet module upgrade and select it.
    6.The Innovative front panel will show update status
    7.Once complete load a few channels from satellite
    8.Then go to data download in the install menu.....make sure the ethernet cable is re-connected
    9.Change the software download option to Europe and press OK
    10.The Innovative will update with the latest Euro software
    11.Once complete do a factory reset and setup all your channels sats etc.And away you go
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Turn off Parental lock manager if you get lock out.

1.Goto menu
    2.User preference
    3.Parental lock manager
    4.But in 8943
    5.You should be able to get in know .
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Graham7

You will need a Null Modem Serial Cable DB9F to DB9F RS232

Send data from STB to PC(SOFTWARE)

Best if you can do this with the STB connect to the TV but can be done without.

1.Turn on STB
    2.Press meun
    3.Press OK (Installation on TV)
    4.Press four 0 (If you have change this but in your code. If you have turn it off just goto step 5)
    5.Press the CH up 2 TIMES MAKE SURE YOU DO
    6.Press OK
    7.It will be on S/W Transfer
    8.Press OK (DO NOT DO THIS YET)
    9.On your computer start up STB editor
    10.Click on download
    11.A box will come on
    12.Press SI (By CODE & LOADER & K-TABLE)
    13.Click on Receive
    14.Click on open and but a name for the factory date file
    15.Change to right com port & FTA MODEL
    16. Know press OK from step 8 and wait for CH in the window of STB
    17.Press start on STB editor and it will start sending the data to your computer
    And that it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unlock E from being lock

By Graham7

1.Press red
    2.Goto E
    3.But in 00
    4.Unplug from wall
    5.Plug back in and you should have it back

As I said this has work for me 2 times let us know if this works for you all so grin.

This is a other read me not done by me.

INNOVATIVE SETUP & FAQs TO SOLVE PROBLEMS

INNOVATIVE

This post will attempt to resolve all known current and pending issues for the Innovative Staellite receiver. I ask that you print this page and read it carefully. There will be quick fixes to certain issues and a Q&A based on questions I have been asked. Chances are, you will find your answer and get your issue resolved.

A) first things first

Read this do***ent in full
    If you don’t understand a word, term or acronym, post a message on the board and someone will explaine

B) Let’s start:

The common issue people have with Innovative is not doing things right! You actually need to know what you are doing or get someone to do it for you. But don’t except a hassel free system straight out of the box.

READ the manual. Half of the issues faced are solved through the manual and having nothing to do with CS but indeircty affect it.

DON’T rush to solve something. Take your time, follow instructions and proceed. If it doesn’t work, chances are you did something wrong. If it still doesn’t work, then rush to buy a new unit or get it fixed.

DON’T rush to buy a new unit if you get frustrated with solutions that don’t work. READ and APPLY. 1 out of 10 units actually needs to be replaced. The rest, its an easy fix.

C) What you need:

The biggest issue for failure is not having the right tools to make Innovative work. If you have or will buy one, to make it work, you need:

A router (not a wireless one, but one that also have RJ45 or Ethernet ports)
    An always on ADSL line (internet) – doesn’t have to be mega fast. 128Kpbs is good
    The Innovative receiver
    And naturally, the satellite line cable and electricity

D) How to use:

1 Out of the box, the unit will work 90% of the time without any further modification.
    2 Connect the router to the receiver via a LAN cable with an RJ45 socket.
    3 Hookup the receiver and switch on.
    4 Unless pre-programmed for you (if not done at your home, you need to check the Diseqs based on your satellites you have), you will need to scan satellites. READ THE MANUAL. This is a common issue of not seeing anything. Or get a technician to do it for you.

5 once you have scanned and can actually view a free to air channel, let’s now see if the receiver can actually communicate with your router.

Menu
    System Information
    Wait 5-10 second
    A blue box will appear with your IP, DNS, Gateway details and will either say Connected! Or Not Connected!

If its connected, make sure your details correspond to your router. The IP should generally be: 192.168.X.XX (where X is either 0, 1 or 2 and XX is a number automatically issued by the router). The Gateway should be the same: 192.168.X.X (typically 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1)

Now, how to watch scrambled/encrypted channels:

Chose a channel with a $ sign next to it.
    Clicking on it will show you Scrammbled or No Video
    First, click 8282
    If you don’t see any codes appearing, Click 8943
    The channel you are on should then pop up in a matter of second
    To stop viewing scrambled channels, just click 8943 again
    Test by doing 8282 (if the codes don’t appear) – success!

READ THIS:

Innovative uses card sharing technology (which is pretty cool). Therefore, you need to have an internet connection for the codes to work. No internet, No channels (except free to air)

NOT ALL channels are open. This is not the receiver’s fault or error. This is just life. Some channels it decrypts are on:

Nilesat, Hotbird, Astra, Amos and few other stattelites. These include the most common packages as well as independent channels. So if your channel doesn’t work, you either wait or move on. Maybe they will open, maybe not. However, since it opens quite a lot, you will have enough hours to enjoy satellite TV.

But, occasionally, new updates to the software enable it to open channels. For this, read on.

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
    (Read here to solve your most common problems. Trust me, 20 years experience and I know!)

A) I baught an Innovative, hooked everything up, checked the status and all is OK, but I see no scrambled channels

1. Make sure you’re internet is working. The receiver may be connected to the router but your net connection may be down.
    2. Check your satellite cable going into the receiver.
    3. Checl the signal quality (menu – Installation – dish settings – and now see the bars)
    4. Check the codes page by clicking 8282 – if nothing appears, you are not connected to CS, so click 8943. Then check again 8282 – if it appears, you can now see channels
    5. Maybe your channel is not part of CS service.

B) How do I update my receiver?

Before you update, make sure yo know how and why!! Don’t update for the sake of updating. If it works – KEEP IT AS IS. To update:

OPTION 1 (BEST): You need an RS232 cable, inverted. Go to a tech shop or sat shop and get one Latest software.

READ CAREFULLY

Assuming you unzipped your software,

1. Make a note of your current software number (menu – system information)
    2. Switch off receiver from ELECTRICTY MAIN (NOT REMOTE OR FRONT PANEL)
    3. Connect the RS232 cable from your PC to receiver
    4. Open the Download tool softare
    5. click Download Icon on right
    6. In the box, click OPEN and select the .bin file you unzipped
    7. Make sure Type is FTA and COM PORT is 1 (or 2 depending on your PC)

NOW….READ CAREFUULY

8. Click SEND button and quick plug the reciver back in the Electricity socket
    9. You will see on the software Downloading ….%
    10. You will see lines moving on the front panel of the receiver
    11. Once done, it will say FINISHED on the software and the receiver will reboot
    12. Once rebooted, remove the RS232 cable
    13. Go to MENU – Installation and do a FACTORY DEFAULT
    14. CLICK YES
    15. When the receiver boots, do 2 things:
    a. Go to MENU – System Information and see if you IP and Gateway come up and message says Connected!
    b. Rescan your satellites again for a clean update

NOTE: Software versions 5.0 and later do not need you to Press 8943 again to activate sharing. It is now automatically on. Any software loaded with an earlier date, you need to activate sharing by pressing 8943

OPTION 2 (EASY): On any channel, preferably a scrambled on, click 9906. Assuming you are connected and all is ok, you will see in a few second a download page saying Software Update in Progress and you will see the status. Wait till its done and that’s it. The receiver will automatically reboot.

Once done, follow again the instructions to activate CS if its required.

C) I tried this but I get a “ Download Not requested “ when I click SEND on software:

Yes, that is because you are using a normal Serial or RS232 and not a CROSSED one. You need a CROSSED RS232. They have to be Female to Female where the cables in it go:

1 --- 1
    2 --- 3
    3 --- 2
    4 --- 4

You won’t know this unless you open the cable up, so get one from a quailifed sat technician and let him test it to make sure. Once you have this, you’re downloads will work

D) I tried the 9906 update but it gets stuck or nothing happens:

Common reason is that the net connectiont o the server was lost or your internet connection went down. Check the System Information of the receiver. If you get Connected!, then restart the process. If you get Not Connected!, simply switch off and restart your receiver to refresh the connection

You can also switch off and on your router. This helps

E) If have a dial-up connection, will Innovative work?

NO. Yes, only for Free to air since it has nothing to do with the internet, but not to watch scrambled channels or update via 9906

F) How do I block adult channels?

Read the manual. There is a feature there.

INNOVATIVE CODES

8943 Start / stop card sharing
    8282 Access codes page (you can manually enter codes as well – but KNOW what you are doing!!)
    9901 Stop the innoatve Ethernet module (you will not communicate with your router)
    9906 Start Ethernet if stopped and Update software via net

Press RED … GREEN … Zero to access Card Sharing Menu
    (DO THIS IF YOU KNOW HOW, WHY OR HAVE BEEN TOLD TO)
    Many card sharing faults arise when people get too excited, play with a lot of settings

WHERE CAN I BUY AN INNOVATIVE: (NEW)

If you live in Europe, NA or elsewhere, most can be found at good soecialist retailers. Even online. Just search for Innovative Satellite Receiver.

If you live in the Middle East, becareful when asking. Generally, these are not available anywhere and everywhere. Make frien#s with local retailers in Naif area and if you know a technician, better ask him. They are around but not in large quantities. So be prudent. The easiest, ask someone who has one or get one if you or someone goes to europe or can get one online.

HOW DO I WATCH TPS: (NEW)

DOES NOT WORK KNOW.

1. Go to a TPS channel like France 2 or 4 or TPS star. If the channel is scrambled wait on the channel for about 20 sec to 1min and it should come on. If it does not turn off and back on and make sure you are on France 2 or 4 or TPS star and wait again.

I got this from Al7helpers Team Forum

Hope this help

Thanks Dr feelgood
    Last edited by Graham7; 03-09-2008 at 09:45 AM.