Thread: Mobiles & Tom Tom

Thanks

Mobiles & Tom Tom

Hiya
    Can someone give me some advice on mobiles that work well with tom tom
    I have a nokia N70 that works but is very unrelaible -it loses the GPS signal
    Im due to upgrade soon & have read the n95 has its own GPS & software already built in but its not Tom Tom

Cheers

Thanks
    Tomtom does work on the N95, but you need to have an external bluetooth GPS receiver as Tomtom does not work with the built in GPS.

Thanks
    I use an old Nokia 6630 for Tomtom.

Works very well.

Thanks
    What is the firmware version on your N70 & what type & make is your gps receiver ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
    Hiya
    Can someone give me some advice on mobiles that work well with tom tom
    I have a nokia N70 that works but is very unrelaible -it loses the GPS signal
    Im due to upgrade soon & have read the n95 has its own GPS & software already built in but its not Tom Tom

Cheers
    Do you have a Original Tomtom GPS ? If not thats why -- the cheap Clones on Flea bay are shi te _ Mine even works in my house my clone dont even work outside so well!

Thanks

N95 works w/o TOM TOM

I entered the GPS world with the N95, the built-in GPS system of the mobile is very powerfull.

For navigation you have to pay a fee (70€ for three years) whithout this fee you can have Simple GPS (Maps, route calculation, actual position and altitude) but not guided navigation with voice.

The system is very very reliable and powerfull, that was the reason why I decided to get a pure navigator TOM TOM GO, because I was convinced of it straight away, as I used GPS for the first time.

I also made a question fot TOM TOM GO users, whether there is a TOM TOM which shows positional coordinates and altitude, a kind member owner of the 500 version replied already, but he was not sure about other models of tom tom, have you got an idea?

Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies folks -its not an original TOM TOM gps box & the software was downloaded off the net

Ive been told though the nokia n70 has software issues -i was wondering if any later nokia mobiles have had any reports of problems

02 have said they want £100 to upgrade to n95 -at that price i might as well buy a cheap naviman system

Thanks again!

Thanks

nokia n73 works very well with ver 6 tomtom software installed.
    try ver 5.2 tomtom with your nokia n70 with the latest firmware update from nokia's web page then this sorts out the n70 problem with the gps disconnecting problem.
    Foz

Thanks
    I'm using tom tom on my N80 with a 44 channel gps receiver i got of flea bay and i can't fault it its extremely accurate.