Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twin lnb

V.I.P
    Thanks
    thanks echelon..thought that might be the case as i'd had no joy looking here. Another Q if i may. I have a twin lnb looking at hotbird..one feed goes direct to a satrecvr in one room..the other feed goes into a 4-way diseqc switch and on to another room with another 2 lnb feeds i.e. one input on the diseqc is currently spare.
    When I set it up i had a devil of a job with the recvr working off the 4 in 1 diseqc as signal strength dropped on Hotbird or the other sats..the direct- fed recvr was fine. I chopped and changed the inputs in to the diseqc switch from the 3lnbs..not very scientific i know ..and after a fair bit of piddling about all was well. Why was that?..anyone else tried putting a twin lnb into 2 recvrs like I did?..with one box fed via a diseqc switch.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    no idea m8

I can tell you I run receivers direct from quads , and also using diseqc switches and never seen any problems like you describe

one thing about twins is there are different types , so you need one with 2 separate outputs that give both h and v , not H from one and V from the other

one reason I use the sly quads is multiple individual outputs and cheap as chips to buy , and they work fine for most jobs , especially on strong sats like 28e , 19e , 13e and 30w here in the uk

V.I.P
    Thanks
    thanks..anyway it works fine now..maybe until i put in that 4th lnb feed to the diseqc switch!
    It was just strange how the signal quality was reduced on the other sats..maybe just a dodgy cable connector as i re-did all those too when i had that problem.
    will try to source an emp p168 from the States i think..£ is strong at the mo'.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ekon View Post
    Dont s'pose anyone could pm me where I can get an EmpCentauri P168 8 into 1 diseqc switch in UK...as in Echelon's system (or another make 8 in 1). Plenty in Germany but P&P is a bit pricey...maybe the only way to go..or the USA.I have looked around but nothing much about in UK afai cansee.

canada version of a big auction site, got an 8x1 for £14.60 delivered new, dont know the make and havent tested it yet

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil View Post
    canada version of a big auction site, got an 8x1 for £14.60 delivered new, dont know the make and havent tested it yet
    Did you ever test this 8x1 out, does it work ok?

regards

Onecard

Thanks
    Ok guys,
    I have a multi Triax lnb holder with 3 LNB's(28,19,and 13 deg east).Now that things are moving on 1deg west I want to install my 4th LNB on thor. Can it be done?? Do I have to use thor as prime focus?
    Oh and I don't mind loosing 28deg east asI have on a Sly dish.So wich satellite do you recommend me?
    Thank you.
    Dude66

Mildly Important Nymph :D goran's Avatar
    Thanks

Icon12

CS?

Thor, Astra1, HB, plus the Sirius on 5'E seems a rational choice...

Thanks
    sorry for butting in lads,im a newbie,i have a humax fox sat connected to my sky dish, its the twin tuner humax, gets me about 150 free view channels.i think its at the 28 degrees.ilive in an old peoples bungalow in the north east of england,can ibuy another sat reciver and go motorised without getting to complicated,and connect to my free view humax,so that way i might still get my uk free view.sorry for sounding such an idiot.many thanks. evant.

Thanks

Icon3

Humax Fox Sat? All recs today should have DiSEqC 1.2 or even USALS, so you need a Vbox to move your dish with DiSEqC motor.

That's all. FTA will be there, on 28'E and any other satellite position you can get to.

If you want to buy some more HW, then it seems to me like you could get yourself a Diablo CI CAM + a programmer for it and open more... [see the section for it on Dudez and the sponsor link for it]

Diablo Cam 2 Hardware Rev 3.9

Our price: £90.00
    (Euro 99.00)

Like these channels, at these sat positions:

Code:
    -Update  key 00 for TV Globo (13°E)

-Update  00 key for digitv N2 AU [OFF]

-Uptade seca keys

-Uptade biss keys Sport Nijniy Novgorod freg:11675 H 11936-3/4

-Uptade biss keys Nat Geo Wild HD freg:11004.00 H 14400 5/6

-Update biss keys Fox Portugal HD freg:11004.00 H 14400 5/6 

-Fixed biss for TRT3 (42.0E) on freq:11918.00 V 24440 3/4

-Uptade biss key IRIB TV 3 freg:11555 V 27500 3/4

-Uptade biss key IRIB TV 3 freg:12352 V 30000 3/4

-Uptade biss key Imedi TV freg:12609 V 3700 5/6

-Uptade biss key Megasport freg:10889 V 27500 3/4

-Uptade biss key Inter freg:10889 V 27500 3/4

-Uptade biss key NTN freg:10889 V 27500 3/4

-Update biss key TRT 1  freq: 11919 V 24444 3/4

-Uptade biss key ictimai freg:11554.00 H 2916 2/3

-Update biss key Lider TV freq: 12521 H 4340 1/2

-Update biss key Mir Belogorya freq: 12546 V 1747 3/4

-Update biss key INTER freq: 11190 H 3333 3/4

-Update biss key Rustavi 2 freq:12593 V 2500-5/6

-Update dcw for JSC Sports ->11296 H 27500 3/4 (13°E) (At the moment ok)(Turn fix cw [on]

-JSC Sports +1 (13°E)

-JSC Sports +2 (13°E)

-JSC Sports +3 (13°E)

-JSC Sports +4 (13°E)

-JSC Sports +5 (13°E)

-JSC Sports +6 (13°E)

-JSC Sports +7 (13°E)

-JSC Sports +8 (13°E)

Chill...

Thanks
    many thanks goran,my humax free sat by the way has built in hard drive that can record 200hrs of tele.but would still like sat reciever to connect to my humax,been reading about latest spider box,it is supposed to be simple to work,and load data etc,what do you or any body else think.many thanks.evant.

Thanks

Icon3

OK, here are a few notions to think about...

==============THE MINIMUM===============

If you want to see encrypted channels you need a receiver that either has a

-CI slot to put in a CAM like Diablo or a

-built-in card reader or a

-USB port to hook a USB card reader

-LAN port to connect to the internet and become a part of a Card Sharing [CS] network

...or all four is best!

=================EXTRAS================

Usually, the new kind of receivers [especially the Linux based ones] have an Emulator written for them, which can open the encrypted but hacked packages [like DigiTV on Thor 1'W].

In that case they can - most of the time - do the CS thing, as well. That way you can open just about any package, as a part of a CS network.

The way to do it is to buy a sub and then share with people in other countries. That way no damage is done. Actually, it is in the interest of the companies that we buy the subs...

You can easily have something like that and for not much money...

Do NOT pay for CS "services" from the little "providers" amongst us! It's an abomination! [And it kills the golden eggs goose!]

Besides, where's the fun in that?!? It's a nice hobby, you know! Better than TV itself!

=============THE HDD THING=============

See HD receivers section and find one with an

-HDD built-in or at least

-with a slot to put it into the receiver or a

-USB port to connect a USB HDD to it.

That way you don't need your Hummy any longer...

============THE MOTOR THING===========

You will have to install a DiSEqC motor, too.

The larger the dish, the better.

Best quality LNB[s], too...

Twin LNB's [the title of the thread] give you a capacity to run a Twin Tuner receiver or two receivers at the same time, independently!

You will have 2 cables running from an LNB, one to each receiver or tuner.

That way you can watch something and record something completely different, from a different transponder.

Inexpensive nowadays!

================THE INFO==============

I do not endorse any particular receiver at this point - but you can see my thread "Alternative guide..." in AZbox HD for much more info, as to what's what and how it functions exactly. Just to see if it's for you or not.

[Actually, do NOT buy AZbox HD yet, until and IF they sort it out properly!]

Good luck!

Last edited by goran; 22-12-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks
    thank you ever so much goran,i now have more of an idea of what to do.all of my neibors and i have our sky dishes just up and to to the right of our front doors,any body could just walk up to it and pull it off the wall ,hence i dont want want yobbs seeing a big difference between mine and the others,or they would rive it off, thats why if i could just motorise my sky dish, ad not make it too obvious.once again goran, thanks a lot. evant.

Thanks

Icon3

Nope, bad idea to try to motorise your typical $ l y dish, as it's too small and inappropriate to be motorised.

You need [let's say you're in SE England]:

-a mast/bracket attached to the highest point of your vertical wall just under your roof, preferably on the garden side, scanning the horizon with no trees and buildings in the way

- 1m x 80cm offset dish with a

-good LNB and a

-decent DiSEqC motor,

-good quality cables and connectors.

That'll do for the outside bit.

Inside the house:

- a good receiver

- a subscription to a cheaper package [depending on what you need]

- unlimited broadband.

The rest is on this forum!

It will open everything up!

Read a little, enjoy learning.

Chiilax...
    Last edited by goran; 23-12-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Thanks
    once again thanks for your advice goran.i live in north east of england,i used to have humax400z, motorised,could put new patch, and anything else, program with an elvis,just used to connect from pc to box with cable, gold fun cards,no bother, but 70 now and health not to great but luv my tele nowand reading forums like hell trying my best,snag like i said ,i live in coucil bungalow.but i think like you said a good twin lnb slighty bigger dish,motor,and box that is still a hobby but not to difficult to load info.merry xmas and god bless to you and yours.evant.

Thanks

Icon12

No, m8, it's not very complicated to put a new FW [or additionally tweak a FW] or a piece of SW, like an Emu or CS SW into a Linux based receiver, for a veteran of Humax 5400z and Elvis with Goldies! [Especially if you have an "intro" like mine to grab hold of! ]

I used to do much the same stuff, actually, with Sammy DSR 9500 VIACI, Aston CI CAM, MasterA IV and so on...

Good luck and seasons greetings to you and yours!

It's a cool hobby!
    Last edited by goran; 23-12-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123