Thread: HDCI 2000 - no vertical channels

Thanks

HDCI 2000 - no vertical channels

My HDCI 2000 can no longer receive vertical channels - it failed at some point over the weekend - was OK on Friday but now nothing. I've tried an extended power cycle but that made no difference. Now the only way I can watch vertical is if I connect my old 5400 up through a splitter and select a vertical channel on that - the 2000 seems to be unable to switch up to 18V any more.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any suggestions etc.?

Thanks
    I would start by reflashing the firmware mate, bit of a pain in the ass I know but if its a software problem for whatever reason this should sort it. Only time I had same issue was when my LNB went belly up, this should not be the case if you can get the V's working on your 5400 but something to think about never the less..

Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks
    Is there not a selector in the menu somewhere that allows you to increase the voltage/ power if you have a long cable run. Try that

Thanks
    Well, my cable run hasn't changed since I installed the system 7 months ago, but it is quite long (250 feet) so I tried this and to my surprise it worked!

Thanks very much for that renibacterium - I guesss I must have been right on the threshold previously. What a relief - I hate having to send stuff back for repair.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Well, my cable run hasn't changed since I installed the system 7 months ago, but it is quite long (250 feet) so I tried this and to my surprise it worked!

Thanks very much for that renibacterium - I guesss I must have been right on the threshold previously. What a relief - I hate having to send stuff back for repair.
    good that you got it sorted mate

Thanks
    Good one Dragonfly, that's great for you - glad to be helpful.
    A 250 foot run is pretty long. If you find your signal drops out you can always try an in-line amplifier inserted close to the LNB/dish.
    Last edited by renibacterium; 26-02-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks again for that - when I first installed the system I tested with the whole 100m reel of CT100 cable in line and everything seemed fine, so I never thought I'd have a problem with just a quarter of it - I guess things degrade/oxidise over time and you may well be right - perhaps I will need a signal booster at some point in the future.

Thanks
    well you learn something every day, glad you got it sorted :-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Thanks again for that - when I first installed the system I tested with the whole 100m reel of CT100 cable in line and everything seemed fine, so I never thought I'd have a problem with just a quarter of it - I guess things degrade/oxidise over time and you may well be right - perhaps I will need a signal booster at some point in the future.
    Check the maths ...A quarter of 100m is 25 metres, (1m = about 3.3 feet) which is approx. 82.5 feet. You said earlier the run was 250 feet, that would be approx 75.76m.