Thread: lnb + diseqc switch question

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts

lnb + diseqc switch question

regarding 4 way diseqc switches , is there any way of having more than a 4 lnbs connected to switches and then a single cable connected to a modern receiver ?

can you somehow cascade the switches , or buy one with more inputs ?

I have a technomate 1500ci receiver and a samsung 9500 viaci receiver , several 4 way diseqc switches and multiple lnb,s

so I am looking for a way of working more than 4 lnb,s from 1 receiver , if you can help or advise me ?

thanks a lot

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I have been looking into this myself, from what I have learned you need a uncommitted switch, The only one I know of is the Spaun SUR220F, connect to this first then cascade the other switches off it.

Thanks
    Would this help?
    It's a Babelfish translation from German, but you should get the general idea

"The change over switch with eight entrances and an exit for the direct connection of max. 8 SAT IF entrances to a receiver. The entrances are selected by means of instruction DiSEqC 1,2 "Goto nn" (6B) and/or by means of minutes DiSEqC 1.1.. The entrances 1 to 4 can be selected also by means of instruction "Write N0" (38), by which the unit with the standard change-over is made compatible by 4 DiSEqC entrances. The change over switch is equipped with short-circuit protection. The unit is to be used with the satellite receiver, that made possible, to stop the number of the engine position."
    They also do a 10 input DiSEqC

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    ordered the emp-centauri for 27 euros plus delivery so about 35 euros in total , will see how it goes when it comes

thanks

ps:- another thing I would like is some sort of automatic selector switch , like an a-b switch or possibly a smart priority switch or similar item

the idea of this would be to be able to select diseqc switch 1 or 2 , like an a-b manual switch would let me do , but automated somehow so I dont have to physically move a switch

so some sort of control relay to select 2 or more diseqc switches , because I only want to access 1 swicth at a time , and 1 satellite at a time