Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Twin lnb

Thanks

Double lnb tm 1500ci

I have set up a dish for my m8 with the above set up.I receive hotbird okay.On 19 east I have 95%/75% signal which gives me most premiere/digi +.The problem is I receive premiere sports 1 but cannot receive the sports portal or premiere sports 2 and 3.Also I receive all taquillas apart from 1,2,3,4.Surely if I receive sports 1 I should be able to get the sports portal showing.The dish is a sky 60cm with inverto 0.2 double lnb.My friend wanted the sports portal for the football.When I go into menu and check signal for sports portal it shows red about 9%.maybe I am doing something wrong as it is the first time I have set up a dual lnb.Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    maybe you havent set the skew correctly on the lnb ?

and have you extended the arm ?

Thanks

twin lnb

It is showing 75% quality on the other channels.I thought that may be okay.How much do you have to extend the arm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbydee View Post
    It is showing 75% quality on the other channels.I thought that may be okay.How much do you have to extend the arm.

I think that was indicated in several of my earlier posts , and if you look at my pictures and some of the others you can clearly see we have extended the arms , and gone into detail about how it was done and what with and how much by

as for the channels , you are assuming that if you get one you will get them all , this is simply not true

the channels will be spread across different transponders with V or H polarity as well

hi - v
    lo - v
    hi - h
    lo - h

so you seem to be missing certain transponders , and I have had this trouble with arms of a short length ( the standard arm ) , like on a monoblock for instance on a zone 2 dish

I think you will find that anyone who has done this task successfully has lengthened the arm , including me

Thanks

lnb

Thanks for the advice echelon I will pass the info on to my m8.Since I posted a couple of hours ago both my cars have gone **** up and I have more important things to look at now.

Thanks
    a normal lnb has those 4 outputs available in one package , and a twin lnb doubles it , and a quad lnb multiplies it by 4

what you have is 4 separate outputs in a quattro , and so no you cannot use it like a standard lnb as a standard one will supply the receiver as it is instructed to do

so I would say you cannot use it and must send it back for a quad output universal lnb , not a quattro

Thanks
    you can use any lnb you like as long as its a universal m8

a single , a twin or a quad , but not a quattro

a quattro is used for big systems like hotels where it feeds into separate bits of kit as they want 4 different feeds , not one feed 4 times

I have used sly quads , sly singles , and various twins on mine , and my motor is currently using an Inverto Twin 0.2 Universal LNB

Thanks
    you do know i take it you will only have control of the motor from 1 receiver and watch the same satellite with a dual lnb

Thanks
    what i do is TM scart to vcr then use the vcr to send the pictures to other rooms or buy a modulator then you can set a RF channel on that

Thanks
    sorry to but in , cleaning the shed i found a zone 2 sly dish and with haste on my day off rammed a pole into the lawn found an old sly box, ******ed my kids tv and went about my hobby[no signal found!!!!] the lnb has numbers 12345 embossed on the plastic underneath where the single screw connector is, just curious which one to use/ the arm seems short as echelon posts
    would have thought i could have pulled something in with my compass on 28e, also tried an old echostar & turned to pole slightly ie 19 13e no go wonder if the lnbs had it?

Thanks
    a zone 2 dish with a single lnb will easily get hotbird or astra1 or astra2 in the uk and especially in england , so maybe the lnb is faulty , but new ones are very cheap to buy. you can get all 3 sats on one zone 2 dish in england and wales using an lnb rack so should be no trouble pulling in one bird using one lnb

Thanks
    hi guys been at it again with a new quad lnb and sly dish for 28e, i can`t for the life of me find a signal and have tweaked up & down all day to no avail. i attach a pic wonder if one of you chaps can point me in right direction thanxs

Thanks
    opps 2nd pic in rar

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtell View Post
    hi guys been at it again with a new quad lnb and sly dish for 28e, i can`t for the life of me find a signal and have tweaked up & down all day to no avail. i attach a pic wonder if one of you chaps can point me in right direction thanxs
    Have you tried getting 19e Astra and then work from there.

Only move slightly at a time.

Thats how I did it.

Thanks

Thanks
    wats the small dish that can be user for 30west with that set up thanks in
    southyorkshire

Thanks

4xdiseqc + monobloc

I know its an old thread but been reading the posts about people having trouble with a diseqc ad monoblock.

I have managed to get both working together using a standard 4 way diseqc switch and then using a konig splitter/combiner. The key to getting it working is getting a splitter/combiner that has dc passthrough on both connections. Run a cable from the monobloc to the splitter, then run separate cables from the other side of the splitter into 2 of the ports in the diseqc. This allows you then to effectively control the monobloc via the stb as 2 separate diseqc (see example)

Works a treat for me with my azbox

Thanks
    Your standard 4 way diseqc is operating what diseqc mode? 1.0 or 1.1?
    And the duo LNB has what internal diseqc switch 1.0 or 1.1?
    Are you able to select in what order diseqc (mode) commands are executed on AZbox?

Thanks
    From what I can remember its diseqc 1.1 on both. I basically am pointing at 13e and 19e using the monobloc and 28e on a minidish. 13e on diseqc 1, 19e on diseqc 2 and I have 28e on diseqc 4. These are the settings I use on the azbox (at work at the minute so cant confirm)

The azbox is set up so that each 'antenna' has its on diseqc number (as shown above) and so when I choose the channel from the eps it automatically sends the diseqc commands and switches to the correct lnb.

Thanks
    just asking: if this works always: problem is mostly one command is not passing the switch as it is executed there and is not passed along to the switch in the duo lnb?
    When switching from 28°E to satellite on duo lnb do you always have the correct one?
    example:
    13°E -> 28°E -> 19°E do you always get 19°E
    19°E -> 28°E -> 13°E do you always get 13°E
    or do you sometimes have to switch additionally:
    13°E -> 19°E -> 13°E
    19°E -> 13°E -> 19°E
    to have the correct satellite on the duo LNB?

Thanks
    Any time I switch between either lnb (monobloc and 28e) no matter what order I do it there is no problem and the switching does as it should. The key to it working is the DC pass-through keeps the power switched on in both lnbs in the monobloc.

From what I understand, if I was using a monobloc on its own then depending on what satellite I wanted to watch the power is sent to one lnb or the other by the diseqc command. In my setup using the splitter/diseqc switch, the DC pass-through keeps power going to both lnbs in the monobloc and the switching is done by the 4 way rather than the inbuilt switch in the monobloc. This means each lnb in the monobloc is now effectively seen as a 'seperate' lnb and switching between 13, 19 and 28 has no issues at all as it works the same as if you had a seperate lnb for each satellite.

I hope this makes sense as it's easier to understand than it is to explain lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast