Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Twin lnb

Thanks
    Do follow you reasoning. The moment you switch to 28°E (port 4 of diseqc switch) the power is gone on the duo LNB (port 1 and 2). Somehow the switch in the Duo LNB still has to be switching or you would only have one satellite.
    For this to work either both switches have to be of different modes (1.0 and 1.1) and receiving diseqc 1.0 and diseqc 1.1 commands for each satellite switch or the AZ box is issuing several same level commands: switch to 1, switch to 1, allowing both switches to switch?

Thanks
    To be honest im not sure what else is happening beyond what i've written in my last post. I agree that when it's on 28e that the power is gone on the monobloc.

The monobloc I use is an Inverto IDLP-40mono however im not sure what diseqc version it uses in its switch. All I can say is that it works and it works well lol

Not much else I can add to that regarding the switching i'm afraid as i'm not totally clued up on diseqc.

I initially read about this setup from another forum (hxxp://***********/forum/showthread.php?15884-Connect-Diseqc-Switch-to-Monoblock!!!) and there is a paragraph that explains in general terms what is happening...........

..."I'm not an electrician, but here's my explanation on why it works:
    There is a small mini diseq switch built into monoblock LNB's. When you have a single powerpass line into one side of the splitter (or use Normally) and you switch to view 13e, the STB switches power to that sat and off on 19e and vice versa. What the powerpass splitter does is to switch the diseqc control on by pumping power to both ends of the monoblock. Leaving both 13e and 19e on. So you can switch between the two."...

Thanks
    great that it is working for you.

Thanks
    Resurrecting this very old thread because I want to fit a Twin to the steerable dish I am putting up but have not yet set up (as opposed to the Singles on multi-feed brackets on all the fixed dishes), so any experience/opinions about which of these current production twin (not mono-bloc) LNBs is "better":
    - Technomate TM-2 0.1 dB Universal Twin Super High Gain LNB (think I already have one of these on the dish used for SKY, and it's pretty good, although the first one failed after about 3yrs)?
    - INVERTO Ultra Twin Dual Output Satellite LNB - Black (no knowledge/experience with Inverto)?
    - MTI HIGH LINE 0.2 dB AP82-XT2N (had some MTI LNBs a few years ago and was quite impressed with them - and the old s/h TRIAX 1m steerable dish came with an MTI Blueline Single still on it!)?
    - or A.N.OTHER?
    Thanks in advance.

John

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jallen01 View Post
    Resurrecting this very old thread because I want to fit a Twin to the steerable dish I am putting up but have not yet set up (as opposed to the Singles on multi-feed brackets on all the fixed dishes), so any experience/opinions about which of these current production twin (not mono-bloc) LNBs is "better":
    - Technomate TM-2 0.1 dB Universal Twin Super High Gain LNB (think I already have one of these on the dish used for SKY, and it's pretty good, although the first one failed after about 3yrs)?
    - INVERTO Ultra Twin Dual Output Satellite LNB - Black (no knowledge/experience with Inverto)?
    - MTI HIGH LINE 0.2 dB AP82-XT2N (had some MTI LNBs a few years ago and was quite impressed with them - and the old s/h TRIAX 1m steerable dish came with an MTI Blueline Single still on it!)?
    - or A.N.OTHER?
    Thanks in advance.

John
    Hi I have been using the Inverto twin Black Ultra for some years now and have found it to be the best on my 1Mtr dish, I have also used Darkgold, MTI, Invacom, MTI and Smart, Lnb's
    To my knowledge the Inverto is available from the Forum Sponsor, at a good price, so a no brainer.

regards mobley2

Nb The MTI Blueline was a great Lnb, not sure if they are still available.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobley2 View Post
    Hi I have been using the Inverto twin Black Ultra for some years now and have found it to be the best on my 1Mtr dish, I have also used Darkgold, MTI, Invacom, MTI and Smart, Lnb's
    To my knowledge the Inverto is available from the Forum Sponsor, at a good price, so a no brainer.

regards mobley2

Nb The MTI Blueline was a great Lnb, not sure if they are still available.
    Thanks - ordered an Inverto (but the sponsors do not currently appear to have any Inverto LNBs, so it's coming from somewhere else).

MTI Twin Blueline seems to be available from somewhere in France only, but a lot more expensive!

NB - one old Blueline Single came with the 1m dish, and I have another one left over from many years ago - yet to see if one or both still work, but could be useful if one or both do.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345