Quote Originally Posted by mikk View Post
Thanks echelon, not to question your wisdom, but just so I fully understand- why will a twin monoblock running to two receivers, not receive hb and astra on each? Your suggestion of multiple dishes sounds ideal, but the only other sat that might interest me is hispasat. I'm only using an 80cm dish but signal strength on hb is around 90% Will try and source a twin sharp lnb, and maybe fabricate some kind of holder-think dish is a Televes? Will let you know.

I have never seen or used or heard of a twin monoblock so cannot answer questions about it

all I can say is my method above using twin or quad output lnb,s and diseqc switches achieves the task you planned , and a monoblock is normally 2 lnb,s places 6 degrees apart with a built in 2 way diseqc switch , so double it up and you could run 2 receivers , but my way also allows 28 east and maybe another sat too

for hispasat you need another dish and that is what I have done , put up 2 of these zone 2 dishes , one on 30 west and one on hotbird as shown in the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Mardavia40 View Post
Hi Guys.
I have dual feed with Hotbird 13e and Astra 19e with old 80cm mesh dish,
i will be moving shortly to a flat and my new landlord as givin me permission
to put a dish up
My question is can i get away this time with a twin monoblock lnb and a
60cm dish, and which would be best and able to cope with dual feed.
I am in the South West of England and would rather have the same set-up
i have now instead of returning to Sky.
Many thanks m8s.

a single monoblock works fine on an 80 cm dish , which is what it was designed for , the smaller dishes have a smaller arm due to reduced focal length , and so the 2 lnb,s cannot be placed close enough together which is why a monoblock doesnt work properly on a 60 cm dish or less , and I did say I had to lengthen the dish arms on these raven 2 dishes earlier in my replies , but the monoblock shown in one of my pictures works fine on the zone 2 59cm dish as its 79cm wide so it makes more sense for you to use one of these zone 2 raven dishes like mine and re-use your monoblock