Thread: info re:- zone 2 dishes

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts

info re:- zone 2 dishes

hello all

well , after the recent high winds misaligning my motorised triax dish I decided a revamp was in order

so item 1 on the agenda was fitting a dish for 30 west at the rear of my house. I have some new raven zone 2 60cm dishes ( 60cm high and 80cm wide ) so I fitted one of these to my rear wall , then fitted a skyware lnb which is a type that has a 40mm collar and allows you to change the skew as its totally opposite to the skew needed for sky

the fitting was all straightforward and I used my tm1500ci to align it as the channels were already working. I can honestly say the signal level is great and its worked flawlessly for over a week with my samsung 9500 viaci with latest mahdi emu v4.3 , easy to change the keys too using my samsung remote control!!!!

I also added a 4 way diseqc switch and have a feed from the quad lnb on my sly 43cm raven dish so currently getting 2 sats , 28 east and 30 west

my next job is to change the 43cm raven dish on sly for a 70cm raven dish that holds 3 lnbs , with hotbird , astra and astra2 running from a 4 way diseqc switch at the front of the house , and a separate feed from the quad lnb on sly for the sly digibox

once this project is finished it will give me 13e , 19e , 28e and 30w from just 2 fixed raven dishes , and a sly feed too

and then it will be time to try realigning my stab motor and triax 1.1m dish to get some of the other sats , or I will fix it in place and use a triax multi lnb 4 way multiblock for 16e , 10e , 5e and 1w

so if anyone wants to know are these zone 2 dishes any good , the answer is yes , and if you get the lnb,s that have a 40mm collar , or the quad lnbs with 40mm collar , you can use them on various sats including 30w because you can easily alter the skew

I am also going to test one of these raven zone 2 dishes with a monoblock and see what hotbird and astra are like for signal strength and quality etc

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

john.dent (16-11-2013), williamtell (18-10-2012)