Thread: which hd ready box. details which to buy.

Thanks

which hd ready box. details which to buy.

just got the hd ready tv.
    just need the satellite box high def box.

Humax HDCI2000 or wait for dm8000 out in 5 weeks.
    need hdmi port only.
    4.4.2 is for feeds only>? if i read right.

Thanks
    humax is good but dm8000 you should try to find a review before you decide.

Thanks
    thanks for reply.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I've seen reports that the DB 8000 might not be out till 2nd quarter of this year.

Thanks
    Or Lyngbox.

Thanks

Which HD Receiver?

Hi
    I'm just getting a Panasonic Viera Plasma as a guarantee replacement from John Lewis after 4 years of a Sony DX32 KD40, and am looking for something to feed into it. I've got a 1 metre dish with 36volt motor, currently driven from a Manhattan ST550. I've also got a Dragon Cam.
    What possibilities are there?
    Usual Thanks to all.

Thanks
    DO NOT buy Humax HDCI 2000!! I got one, picture is great but very poor other wise! I get strange sound on the adds on french tv and when you lose signal due to wind!!
    And it CAN NOT be patch!!!
    Dude66

Thanks
    @Highway1... 4:2:2 (not 4:4:2) is a more professional coloursampling used within broadcasting, mostly for feeds. Usual coloursamling used is 4:2:0.
    There is only one stb on the direct to home market today that can handle 4:2:2 and that is the old HD receiver QualiTV (which only does DVB-S/QPSK mpeg2 anyway and is of no interested beyond the 4:2:2 capability).
    Not one of the new HD receivers that does DVB-S2 /MPEG4 etc has 4:2:2 implemented so if you want the ability to watch channels using 4:2:2, then you will simply have to wait.

Otherwise I think it is safe to say that beyond actually displaying HD resolution, there is not a single HD receiver on the market today fit for an enthusiast.
    If all you need at the moment is a machine that will deliver HD resolution for your new telly, then by all means, buy one of the few units on the market. If you want something more enthusiastic - wait (could be a looong wait by the looks of it!).

Eugenie

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    if its HD 4:2:2 ya after then theres always a dvb-s2 pci card to tide you over

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Question

any news when the lyngbox will be on sale

Pat

Thanks
    HI phone round afew sat suppliers today to replace humax 5400 and most said would not buy anything until august because new hd recievers are out then, did not say which recievers but will wait and see whats out then before replacing good old humax thanks

Thanks
    is there a FULL HD SAT box ie 1080 ??

Thanks
    i have been looking around for a while now, still not a good hd on market, as has been said at lest not one without problems and not a lott to watch by the look of things. , so i got technomate 9100, and a innovative receiver for just about what i would have paid for a hd reciver, both work fine in there own way, the technomate has a 250gig hd in and i have put away the dreambox 7000.
    the technomate gives good pics etc. any just a thought for u. whatever u get have fun.

Thanks
    theres two hd boxes on the way soon , tecnomate and Fortec Passion both of these are sure to be very big sellers. I am trying to hold out till the technomate but it seems they are keeping it back till all is 100% working . 4.2.2 will be a must for footy feeds next season and i will only buy if there working

Thanks
    Very interesting thread this as I too was about to buy.
    Currently running a Triple Dragon Linux box and S** HD but wanted an 'enthusiasts' HD aswell.
    Top of my list was the Topfield 7700 modded , this has had very good reviews.
    However with the new batch being released this summer and all this talk of 4:2:2 , I may hold out aswell and just buy a Diablo cam to back up my TD.

The new Technomate and Dreambox (!!!) HD receivers do seem the ones to go for , however I know there are 5 or 6 new HD receivers being released in August so the market will get very interesting indeed.
    I will be holding out and seeing what happens!

Thanks
    REciever needs to have a good video sub-board that can run full HD @ 1080 - That would be amazing - most Plasma TV's cant even run 1080 ie full HD Id be very carefull about which one you buy as the differnece is huge and you dont wanna be missing out by buying the worng box.

Not looked into this yet - I will in August / Sept as on holiday now till then

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

hd tv satellite discussion

hi guys

the fergson 8800 is out very good reports

Thanks
    the humax hdci is a 1080 box and my plasma is a 1080i.