Thread: Impossible ? but it happend !!!

swaps1122

Impossible ? but it happend !!!

Hi all,
    Never had this before and have no idea how it could happen.

Bought wife a new phone Nokia 6111 got it home charged it and put the sim from her ols phone in to new , not problems so far.

a couple of hours later I took my old phone which had a live sim but it have not been used for months so when I put it in her old phone the credit showed but it could not be used till I topped up.

There is no way possible the sims could have been mix up BUT her new phone does not have her number !!! her old phone with my old sim now had her old number !!

Her phone has a number and works but where this number came from I dont know. I could nit remember my old number so don't know if it that one or just a completely new number ! how could this happen ? swapped sims load of times and number has always gone with it.

Again, There is no way sims could have been mixed up hers was working with correct credit balance mine was not working with correct balance. now topped up and works fine but still has her number. I have not tried swapping them back but has anyone heard of this happening before ?

Thank Alan

Thanks
    Totally impossible m8. There is no way on this planet that the number can just change like that unless it has been ported over.

swaps1122

Well it did happen !!

There is no way I could have made a mistake. if you read my first post both sims had the correct credit and mine did not work because I have not made a phone call for so long. now when the number for my wifes old phone is called it now rings my phone. I agree that this should be impossible, I have changed sims many times before but it happend just as describled. At no time where the sims even in the same room to get mixed up. I changed hers over in to her new phine and them it was a couple of hours before I dug mine out to swap the sim in to her old phone. I really does not matter as the wife has given everyone her new number now but I just wondered had anyone else had this happen ? its had my jaw drop, as you say, it should be impossible !!

Alan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swaps1122 View Post
    her new phone does not have her number her old phone with my old sim now had her old number

The sims must be mixed up m8, because the above is an utter complete, impossibility.

swaps1122

It happend

Hi,
    I can understand your not believing but the information given is correct. If the sims had been mixed up, (which they were not) her phone would not have worked because it would have had my sim in it which although live could not be used because the credit had expired. the old phone should have worked if sims were mixed up she uses it daily but it did not when I tried to call it told me to top up to get the credit back. the sims were not taken out together so that could not have happened. I know this is very strange which is why I posted. Really, this is not me winding anyone up. It makes no difference now as we have told everyone the new numbers but just wanted to know if anyone had come accross this before.

Alan

Thanks
    I would stay off the booze mate !!!