Thread: please help!!!!

Thanks

Question please help!!!!

hello, i was trying to change servers on my vn-8000s. obviously, i found that i could not do this via my remote, so i decided to use the boxloader program and associated files in order to change servers.

however i encountered a problem, whereby i connected everything together (definitely used a null modem cable) and when i tried to connect with the receiver the message "connection error" was received on the boxloader program, and also the message Err3 on the reciever lcd display. having disconnected everything, i tried to repeat the procedure, and the same error message was displayed as before.

having decided that i couldnt change servers, i took my reciever back to the television, plugged everything back where it used to be, and tried to do an internet software upgrade (have been successful with this in the past), but after this sequence begins, no information is downloaded and the message "Err6" appears on the lcd screen. have i broken my reciever??? please help!!

Thanks

Hi M8

You can get all the info you require at the top of the forum, in the meantime here is some info to help you with your current problem:

Thanks to Artware

Error 0

error 0 = receiver to quick off while updating firmware (interupted)

error 3 = bad connection between computer and receiver

error 4 = wrong firmware

error 6 = error 4 (wrong firmware)

error 8 = wires 2-3 of null modemcable bad contact

The rest of the is here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56437