Thread: xtreme embedded cam problem

Thanks

Exclamation xtreme embedded cam problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an xtreme pvr model DSC 911 HUZ that has died on me it has never been flashed with emu file .It has lost the embedded cam the menu shows cam not installed .If I insert MM cam in the slot the set sees the cam (in both slots ) problem is that I am unable to scan any channels on any sat although My other sets have no problems on the same setup.I have spent many a happy hour on line trying to find a solution to my problem reading different opinions as to what is needed required etc and frankly I am confussed. My stb as it stands boots up menu is available but it sees no channels FTA or otherwise.DO I need to re install the emmbedded cam (If yes how???? and with what kit IE cas2+addon. Ucas was dreamload to version 1.09 as I remember.Any and all help or advice appreciated.As I have said I know this is quite a common problem but I have been unable to find a difinitive answer.
    Thanks in advance
    lezb

Thanks
    have worked on several extreme receivers with this problem. u need the original penta 1.09 file first of all then u open the receiver on the main board will be a free 14 pin adapter u put the jtag adapter from the cas 2 to this, pin 1 must goto the pin 1 on the board marked with a gold arrow head use the xtreme repair facility on the cas software make sure the receiver is on standdy only power off when complete should be ok

1 other issue with the corrupted sidsa chip is that u might have to delete the first 12 blocks individually as this can be the reason it happened in the first place

hope this helps

there was a manual on the duolabs site about this

cheers
    kmcee

Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to reply my friend I managed to sort the problem The bit about the corrupted sida chip was probably the cause of the problem.
    Again thank you for your response
    lezb

Thanks
    hi got extreme msr-5690cxci . updated once with dreamsoft went ok updated secondtime and will not update . it just comes up with transmiting no answer . all cabels ok anyhelp please.