Thread: Invacom LNB warranty problems

Thanks

Invacom LNB warranty problems

Hi,
    I have a C120 universal twin LNB hh that has started giving problems. It is getting weak signals on certain frequencies. It is within the warranty period. The only problem is that looking on Invacom's site, they are pretty strict concerning returns. I bought it from a satellite dealer on the internet. I can't remember who and I can't find a receipt. Does anybody have any ideas how to get around this or any similar experience? I paid a lot for the LNB and don't want to lose out just like that.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks
    A receipt is not required, but you do need proof of purchase.

I would suggest you just buy a new LNB.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Can't you look at the your previous bank statements? You might find an entry that jogs your memory.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    You will be lucky to get a satisfactory response - last year the low band LO osc in my invacom drifted by 10Mhz giving similar results as you are having. They told me it was caused by 'High Winds' !,and therefore NOT covered by the guarantee.
    Do as xanadu suggests, but get another make as I did.

Hamrag1

Thanks
    CAVA,

I went through the same problem August 2005 (bought from an internet site that no longer traded). I ended up emailing Invacom direct who pointed me in the direction of Astr*t*l or Eur*s*t as their two appointed UK distributers and also confirmed my LNB was still under warranty. Contacted Eur*s*t by email but received no reply. It was all too hard so in the end bought another make.

Regards,
    Westie

Thanks
    Have an invacom twin whiich has given up the ghost on horizontal channels after recent storms, didnt think id had this 12 months and was just about to hunt down proof of purchase but given the above comments looks like it'll be a waste of time. Have ordered a smart titanium after reading reviews, given cost, less than £20 with postage seemed the best way.

Thanks
    You won't fair any better with Smart either for warranty returns :(

I bought one in the UK and it became faulty after a year, so as they have a 5 year warranty I contacted them in Germany (told to do this by the shop that I bought it from) and they just continued to send me emails in German, after a few of these (used Google Language Tools to translate), I gave up.

So I might be wrong but the 5 year warranty may not be 'WorldWide' but only available in Germany.

Thanks
    Looks as though annual renewal of LNB may be cost of hobby I'll have to factor in (will obviously look for cheapest with good reviews) as I recall invacom twin not that cheap.