Thread: Humax HD

Thanks

Humax HD

Hi All

i have a Humax HD box, when i put my Dragon Cam in it will not initialize. It has worked in the past but the last 3 files have not. I do load the cam in my Technomate and it works fine. Can anyone tell me if i need a special DRA. file for the Humax or if it is something else.

Thanks
    Gordon

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Which file exactly?
    Have you loaded the predator while on a FTA channel?
    Try switching off at the back and then on again...
    Good luck
    tinto de verano

Thanks
    The latest file which is loaded is 3.55, it did it with 3.54 and another. I have put the reciever on FTA channel but it still keeps initialising. Help!!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Maybe you could try programming the loader card again with 3.55 (just in case), load it on a FTA channel, remove the card, switch off and on again at the back.
    It worked for me once when I had a similar problem.
    You could also try removing the actual CAM and inserting it again (in the top slot)
    Good luck
    tinto de verano

Thanks
    I have found the prob, i had the Humax on a loopthrough from my Technomate, i have put the Humax stright to the dish and it works?? Must lose something with the loop??
    Can someone tell me how to get PW Direkt on the box. I think i read i need to download software from my PC. Where do i get this and will it work from a laptop?

Thanks
    Gordon

Thanks
    i think you wont lose anything with the loop if the receiver connected to the dish is on standby mode. My Force 5 Series works fine when connected to HDCI2000 (on standby) which i have connected to my motorised dish

Thanks
    Back to the prob, after working all day yesterday my Humax is now continually trying to inisialise.Sometimes, if i put the loader card in the CAM it 'finds' pred 3.55 other times it tries to load?????
    My Humax has the latest software, i am going to buy a null cable and load some different software to see if that helps. I dont think its the cam as it works fine in my Technomate.
    Does any one know if these boxes have bugs as there are times when it is very glitchy (swithching off, slow channel change ect)
    I am doing everything right as regard FTA channel, switching on/off trying the other slot.
    Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Gordon

Thanks
    if you put the loader card in the cam and then switch on the hummy it will by default ask if you want to load the cam with the file on the card.as for the prem channels you need to get a channel list and some software for it to load plus a null modem cable.ill pm you with the info.

Thanks
    thanks for the replies, i have loaded the Cam using the correct procedure ect. It is still trying to initialize, if i put the card in the cam while in the box it sometimes finds the pred file (if i pull the card out as soon as the pred file shows) sometimes it works all evening but others it starts to initialize. I am going to check my Cam using my mates spare but it works OK in my Technomate.
    Does any one have probs using Dragon with 2.06 firmware with this box?
    Other than that i will try to reload 1.00.04 into the Hummy....when i get my cable.

Gordy

Thanks

Update

I put my mates Cam in my Hummy and it works, she has put my Cam in her Technomate, it seemed to take a while to initialize but then it worked???
    The other strange thing is, while MY cam is in her (and my) Technomate it says ' moving to Astra' even though the motor is already on Astra. There has to be some conflict with my cam and my humax, it definetly aint my Humax. I remember someone who could upgrade the software in a Dragon Cam, this might be an option...if i can find them.
    I must admit tho, it is tempting to upgrade my cam so i could get regular Premiere, which is best for this?

Gordon

Thanks
    how old is your dragon cam as latest is version 4.1. that opens premiere if you put in the keys also diablo can open premiere as well and is the latest cam to have.

Thanks
    My Cam is 3 yrs old, 2.06 software. I am trying to decide whether to send the cam off for an upgrade or to get a Trex (if its worth it)

Gordon

Thanks

Icon9

Got my cable, downloaded Laurals channels to box, got Astra1 & Hotbird but when i switched the box off it lost all sat positions. Got my mate to help while i went up ladder. Than suddenly, the motor stopped working. I am begining to think my mate may have changed the setting for the lenghth of cable to high, would this damage the motor?
    If i use the manual buttons on the Motor, it moves a tiny amount but not as normal. I have tried to use my Technomate but no joy, i have changed the cable but no joy.
    Can anyone help please???

Thanks
    Apologise, looks like he was messin with the Menu which puts limits on the motor. Have now got Astra28, Astra19, Hotbird. Have not tried the others as its a bit quirky (seems to lose Sat positions). Will continue tommorow after the footie!

Gordon