Thread: Dish Drops very slightly in Elevation every month

Thanks

Dish Drops very slightly in Elevation every month

Guys,

I have a 1metre motorised (technomate motor) dish, which is connected to a Humax 5400

Every since going to a motorised setup, the dish seems to drop very slightly in elevation every 6-8 weeks, therefore, l have to go back, and re-adjust it.
    The signal level and signal quality are usually 80% on 13 East and on 5 East

But then it drops to 70% (level) and 60% (quality) on hotbird which is still viewable, but 50% (level) and 15% (quality) on 5 East - which is unviewable. on Thor - 1 West - thats on BBC World there is 47% (level) and 0% (quality)

Any ideas why this would be the cause. All the screws and blots are tightened to max

Could of been that it has been windy recently and force which is applied to the dish, could have resulted in it moving back and thus dropping in elevation?

Any other ideas of how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated before l go up today and adjust it

thanks.
    C
    Last edited by charlie123; 23-12-2006 at 01:04 PM. Reason: include thor 1 west signal levels

Verified Registered User NeasdenNW10's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi
    is your setup ground mounted or wall mounted?
    NW10

Thanks
    hiya,

its wall mounted

Verified Registered User NeasdenNW10's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi
    Have you checked that the mounting pole is still upright. Do not want to worry you but their is such a thing as subsidence and ground heave. It's just that it happened to me once.
    NW10

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NeasdenNW10 View Post
    Hi
    Have you checked that the mounting pole is still upright. Do not want to worry you but their is such a thing as subsidence and ground heave. It's just that it happened to me once.
    NW10
    I'd look at that as well. If you say the dish bolts are tightened to the maximum you can, then there is a weakness elsewhere. Also look at the possibility of the pole having been rotated in their clamps due to the high torsional wind loading on your dish. This would move your dish off the correct arc and possibly fool you into thinking the dish had lost elevation.

When you've got your dish re-aligned a suggestion for the future would be to indelibly mark across fixings so that if movement occurs again the continuous mark would be broken and you'd see at a glance where the movement had occured.

Thanks
    thanks for the responses guys, l got full signal again on BBC World (1 West), the elevation was fine in fact, it was that the dish slightly moved towards east, which could have been due to the high winds in recent days

Thanks
    how did you cure the prob , i have probs with mine at the moment due too the wind, dont want to do too much moving of the dish.

East of Ipswich. TM9100 on 1.2m CM Spiderbox on 1.8m CM. HD linux next
    Thanks
    its easy to stop these movements drill a hole throught the clamp and pole then put a nut and bolt through the hole it cannot move now

tr8

Banned
    Thanks
    lol check your house aint sinking....