Thread: Atlantic Bird 3

Thanks

Atlantic Bird 3

hi all
    http://www.satcodx9.com/3551/eng/
    i am receiving signal from this bird but am facing a problem with few
    transponders i can only receive frequency 3646 symbol rate 2170 sr 3/4
    the rest of the transponders i dont receive signal quality
    i have utilized single solution LNB and single mode LNB which gave the above frequency,please could someone suggest a proper solution
    regards
    Last edited by ur4me; 21-12-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks
    Did you post this in the wrong section (this is a HD section)? Anyway, 3646 R is basically the strongest C-band signal on 5W at the moment, most of the other C-band transponders are much weaker, the following freqs are also fairly strong;
    4031 R 2315 3/4 DATA channels
    3732 L 11963 2/3 DATA channels

What dish are you using, exactly what lnb setup are you using etc and was your question about receiving C-band transponders from 5W?

Eugenie

Thanks
    i have tried on a digital california,gardiner and eurostar single C band LNB also on single solution LNB,the only signal i received was in a 17K eurostar on 3646R @5W.the dish size is 10 feet,and my location is DUBAI,arabian gulf.All the transponders in KU band i receive in an offset antenna of 90cm
    cheers

Thanks
    Look at the footprint (link below) and you will see that it is a little weaker in Dubai, this could be the reason...or that the dish is not pointed correctly...maybe the lnbs are not adjusted correctly (C-band lnbs and scalarrings are sensitive and should be carefully adjusted).
    A good idea is to also get a local confirmation from someone in or around Dubai so you know whether or not your dish is large enough for complete reception of this C-band beam.

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/ab3_c.html

Below is a picture of the reception of 3646 R here in the south of Sweden with a 1.2m offset dish and a cheap C-band lnbf.

Eugenie
    Last edited by Eugenie; 21-12-2006 at 07:19 PM.