Thread: most impressed

Thanks

most impressed

I have had my HD DVD drive for my xbox360 now for about 2 weeks, and yes before anyone asks, I paid over the odds for it on ****, but just had to have one.

It came with King Kong, and I have just received Superman Returns, the picture quality is outstanding I have to say, the menus are easy to use, i.e navigation etc, its all just a dream.

So if your thinking of upgrading, and providing the films keep coming I can't recommend these add on units enough for the 360 xbox or HD DVD for that matter.

Just hope they resolve the format war sooner rather than later, which is why I plumped for the add on, even my **** price was not that bad.

Thanks
    I have to admit I'm really happy with my HD DVD setup too. I have had an import Tosh HD-XA1 since the first week release (April) and it such an improvement over DVD with a nice selection of titles so far.

From what I have heard the XBox addon is faster and more responsive but without HDMI.

Thanks
    I too have the HD DVD add on for the 360 and can confirm breezy's comments.

The picture quality is excellent. The unit was a breeze to set up with the xbox. I also agree that it would have been nice to have an HDMI output but HD quality through component is fine.

Would recommend the add on to anyone with a 360.

Regards and a happy Christmas to everyone.

Satfanni

Verified Registered User sparky208's Avatar
    Thanks

hd

hi satfanni did ya get it in belfast do ya no where i can get 1 cheers

Verified Registered User nibber's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi all,
    i think they are sold out everywhere at the moment,I am definately gonna get one for my 360,but you can get one off flea bay if you want to pay stupid money for it (same as people paying ridiculous sums of money for Jap PS3's),personally i am gonna wait till they come in stock in the shops,instead of lining some greedy bas***** pocket ,lol
    nibber

Thanks

hd dvd

i got 1 from hong kong £90 + deliver came to £144

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky208 View Post
    hi satfanni did ya get it in belfast do ya no where i can get 1 cheers
    Hi sparky I got mine on fleabay (paid well over the odds as well ). I guess that is the price you have to pay in order to be an early adopter. Are you happy with your hk import?

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    amazon out of stock?

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Its worth checking in store at "Toys R Us" and "PC World"

Or they are in stock below at a slightly higher price but they go quick

_http://www.softuk.com/Xbox_360_Product_View.asp?ProdID= 360004#

TNT

Thanks

hd dvd

yes m8 got it. its good but the remote is in Chinese and there was no movie in it so i bought mi3 hd wasn't all that so ill get a few more movies and try it out later the movies arnt cheap £29.99 for mi3 maby iam now used to hd from the sat or i havent it set up properly

Verified Registered User nibber's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi there,
    Just got mine today,£129+UK version bought in the High Street today,and eagerly opened box and set it up to watch what i thought was the included dvd film and guess what? the latest available drive does not now include the King Kong HD DVD DOH! so am gonna invest in Mission Impossible 3 or something else tomorrow, PL**.com do cheaper HD DVD films than the High Street,just gotta wait another few hours to enjoy HD DVD,LOL!!
    regards nibber
    Last edited by nibber; 08-02-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nibber View Post
    Hi there,
    Just got mine today,£129+UK version bought in the High Street today,and eagerly opened box and set it up to watch what i thought was the included dvd film and guess what? the latest available drive does not now include the King Kong HD DVD DOH! so am gonna invest in Mission Impossible 3 or something else tomorrow, PL**.com do cheaper HD DVD films than the High Street,just gotta wait another few hours to enjoy HD DVD,LOL!!
    regards nibber
    dvdpacific is a good place to get ya movies. Takes a few weeks for delivery but the price is worth the wait. Stuff like batman begins is 12 quid delivered as the pound is strong against the dollar atm