Thread: can i go motorised ???

V.I.P
    Thanks

can i go motorised ???

_http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3696/dish2s8sh.jpg

this is what my dish looks like it aint mine but its the same but mines a 80cm one but the problem is its a old type ****ogue one ,can i still go motorised as i am getting preety bored of jst 13e and 19e i want to discover every sat i can
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance

Thanks
    dishes aren't a n al ogue or digital, they just reflect any signal that comes to them.

dishes dont know the difference between a na logue or digital signals.

if the dish mount is the same as the one in the picture, i would suggest a different mounting as the pole the dish mounts to needs to be vertical.

i have an 80cm dish and get, 42e, 28e, 19e, 16e, 13e, 5e, 1w, 12.5w, 15w, and 30w
    Last edited by bobbyboil; 20-12-2006 at 12:55 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    i cant pole mount it vertical as the clips on the dish are already vertical so i cant connect it

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I can't see for certain from your picture, but if your pole is "L" shaped then the mounting on the back of the dish is horizontal, so as you say, it wouldn't go straight onto a vertical pole. It used to be possible to get adaptor kits, but I think you would be lucky to get one now, and in any case they were relatively expensive. You could get something fabricated, but you could easily introduce some unwanted flexibility into the mount. The best option would be to replace the dish - I'm sure you could find a home for the one you're using now!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    is it called a adapter plate as on s-a-t-c-*re page 16 there is this
    JACK18 JAEGER adaptor plate (for 1224) and aload of other bits above it is that it?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    No, that's not it, totally different! If you buy a new dish and sell your old one it will cost you next to nothing! Don't waste time looking for the adaptor kit.