Thread: Only getting Horizontal on 5e, any suggestions?

Thanks

Only getting Horizontal on 5e, any suggestions?

As the title says, only getting hor frequencies on 5e,

got a 0.3db Sharp lnb and 1.2m Channel Master, and cheap, cheap sat cable - which i dont want to re-run unless i have to and you can be sure it will make a difference?!

Would a new lnb help? 0.1, 0.2db? or is there nothing else i can do

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks
    It depends where you live. Horizontal frequencies are stronger on Sirius than vertical ones. Also, the footprint drops off rapidly the further south and west you go.

Thanks
    I live in north wales, H are relativley strong, but V are not quite strong enough (very close, i get stream data, eg. 25ftps, picture resolution,) but not quite enough for any picture

Any Suggestions?

Cheers

Thanks
    Only suggestion i have is a bigger dish unfortunately! I also have a 1.2m dish but live further east from you (nearer the footprint), and i have problems getting a signal for half the day. Think you'll need a 1.5-1.8m dish for good reception. Here's the footprint, you'll see what i mean.
    _http://www.ses-sirius.com/images/tackningskarta-sirius-3.jpg

V.I.P
    Thanks
    v transponders can be locked on the c/master 1.2M in north wales they are weak though most videoguard these days a bigger dish will be needed for reliable all weather conditions and some sats are weaker later in the day I will look again later and compare the signal with my 1.8 c/master

Thanks
    Cheers for the replies

I know the signal is very close, becuase on the TV1000 and Tv1000 action channels (both V) i get a load of stream data that pops up for a second which prooves there is a signal, so i'm not far off, i thought that there might be some way of just boosting it that little bit more so i could get the picture

Cheers,

Chris

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I live in the east midlands give this Transponder a go as I can get a good lock on it.:12245 freq,V,27500 sym rate,3/4 fec.Over the years there has always been problem with that sat = dish size = receiver tuner.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slap View Post
    I live in the east midlands give this Transponder a go as I can get a good lock on it.:12245 freq,V,27500 sym rate,3/4 fec.Over the years there has always been problem with that sat = dish size = receiver tuner.
    I'll give that a go tonight matey - dish might be slightly out so i'll try re-aligning it abit, Cheers again

Chris