Thread: Does my dish need re-aligning?

Thanks

Does my dish need re-aligning?

As the title says, just wondering if my dish may need re-aligning. Been noticing over the past few months that signals from certain sats, more especially the easterly ones, have been slowly getting weaker for me. I used to get good signals from Astra 3a 23.5e, BADR3 26e, and Express AM22 53e, to name a few, but now get a much reduced signal and in some cases no signal at all! At first i thought that maybe the satellites themselves had reduced output power on some channels but i don't think its that because quite a few are affected. If it does need re-alignment, does anyone have any idea roughly how much i should expect to pay for this?

Thanks
    If only one side (east) went lower in signal i think that your mount swayed it's South axis, hence the eastern sat's won't be as strong as be4, the west will go next.

One reason i drilled an hole through the mount and pole when it was perfectly alligned, and put an bolt in, so that the mount cannot turn on the ple anymore.

Re allign m8, and do the same \\Cor.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply m8, it is generally the eastern sats, one or western ones too, particularly Amos2, but signals from that one seem to vary wildly from day to day, unless its just me with that problem! Will probably get it re-aligned after xmas then.

Thanks
    i too are having probs with the sats in the east. is it the dish which needs moving or the dish and motor . thx

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @SatSearcher ,I take it you must have a motorised setup .I think the only way to test things is to use a sat meter . I've fitted a few over the years and rely on a meter to tweak things to get the best signal . Yes ,they do move overs the years in strong winds etc .I think this is what has possibly happened with your setup.

Thanks
    haha i have the opposite problem - rock solid EAST sats, but poor weak ones - im gonna try turning the motor mount left or right a bit at the weekend and test and test again until i have a nice balance of avaialble sats and strength

mate you might find my post useful too:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=59332