Thread: pace mss 500 ip

Thanks

pace mss 500 ip

ive been using it as a hub and positioner its just gone off today following a power failure. Nothing in the front screen amd makes a loud clicking sound at the back. Any ideas?

In the beeches
    Thanks
    I always get abuse from the PC brigade when I post this - but here goes anyway.

The power supply capacitors dry out and then you get the clicking noise. Use a hairdryer to blow some hot air through the top slots near the PSU and the clicking stops and it should spring into life.

Obviously not recommended as a long term fix. You really need to replace the capacitors, but it would be cheaper to get another secondhand box.

Thanks

Icon10 cheers mate

I must confess to be a little sceptical but i tried it and it worked a treat took only a few minutes. Thanks

Thanks
    dont know if u still can but a few yrs back u could by psu repair kit from cpc for about 30£

V.I.P
    Thanks
    No longer listed in the 2007 CPC catalogue, but no problem removing each capacitor on the power supply board (list carefully as you remove them!) then obtain replacements (rated 105C, and the same voltage or more, same capacitance). Should be a very cheap repair if you can do it yourself.