Thread: Humax and Arabsat

Thanks

Icon6 Humax and Arabsat

Hi Guys.

I am trying to get Arabsat on my humax. When I send it to a channel on Arabsat it won’t lock into the station (No signal). I know the Humax only stores 25 sat positions and that Arabsat is the 26th according to Pet123. When I do a manual search for Arabsat Installation, service searching, antenna setting when it gets to satellite name it comes up 2 Hotbird. When I change it to 26 Brad 3 and store it and come out of installation it doesn’t save it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Terminator.

Thanks
    hi terminator,
    thats not quite correct, the basic humax 5400 can handle up to 32 antenna alternatives, but there are only 26 presets in the diqesc 1.2 list, the rest you have to name and search for.

however, the patched 5400 since about toh 3 has had a greater list to work from, but in all the cases you will have to search and store, it all depends on where you are geographically on the amount you have to do, if you are near to 0 long, greenwich meridian, then the presets will be near enough to only need a fine tune.

now arabsat at 26E is a standard diqesc listed sat, so it should come up in the basic preset position.

depending on where you are, you could do a reset, this will reset all your preset positions back to the original, and then start from there, it is quite likely you are getting hotbird, as a sat name, because i have found that with the pet123/ patch it seems like if there is no real signal it defaults to hotbird.
    hope this helps a bit
    regards
    voith

Thanks

Icon6 Arabsat

Cheers Voith

I will do a reset and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Terminator.

Thanks
    hi terminator,
    you do not say if you are mounted or jacked with a v box, but here is how i have just got it in.(this will work for any reluctant sat, just change the instructions to suit)

using the pet123 08/07/06 modified pet123
    choose a channel on the relevent sat in this case aljazeera tv arabsat 26e or (badr3) channel 3738

menu
    installation
    service searching
    manual search
    antenna alternative ( this will more than likely say hotbird)
    scroll left to position 26 Brad3
    press ok
    in orbital position you should see arabsat 2a 26E
    change this to astra 28e (this is assuming you have this sat stored)(if not go to the nearest sat you do have stored)
    motor control, change this to goto
    press ok
    orbitalposition
    change back to the first sat (in this case arabsat 26e)
    movement
    scroll right approx 10 steps (if you have a mount) (or 4 steps if you have a v box)
    this should be approx 2 degrees
    motor control
    press store
    exit out
    you should have a signal

if you have a strong enough signal, when you go back to sat searching it will still show brad 3, however if the signal is not, it will show hotbird, and you will have to be a bit patient and work slowly, one step at a time, storing each step, and exiting out to check until you start seeing a signal.

you may be fortunate enough to see both signal bars from the start, and be able to fine tune at the first hit.

hope this helps
    voith

Thanks

Icon6 Arabsat

Hi Voith

Your step by step was spot on and I now have Arabsat locked in. The reason I wanted to get Arabsat was so I could get the MBC 1-4 channels. However when I input the freq for them the signal drops. Is this due to a weak transponder? Or is it because I only have 20% of signal? Is there any other Sat that the MBC cannels are broadcast on that you know of?

Regards

Terminator.

Thanks
    hi,
    sorry i can't check it, at this time (keep the neighbours happy)but they are around at 7w nilesat channels 2373 to 2376 in the modified pet123 don't know if that will help
    voith