Thread: Metal Dish Clamp for the end of a Motor Arm?

Thanks

Metal Dish Clamp for the end of a Motor Arm?

Hi,

I have an old 1.2 metre dish from the USA which is still in perfect condition. It's made of Fibre Glass and very similar to a C/Master. However the FG Vertical & Horizontal ribbing or reinforcing strakes on the back are different from a CM dish. What I am looking for is a new metal clamp or say a mount that bolts onto the back of the dish allowing the end of the Jaeger motor drive arm to attach to it and drive the dish E to W.

The original one thats on there dates from 1988! So that too is now very old and rusty (a bit like me!) And with the very strong winds here in the South this week it's now got severely bent! I guess this might be due to the high torque of the motor driving the dish against the strong SW wind? Anyway, it's orobably ok for the moment but for how long I don't know?

So if anyone knows what I need, or can let me know where I can get a new bracket that would be a great help!

Rgds,

TB
    Last edited by Tony Baker; 09-12-2006 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks
    sounds like it could be a prodelin dish, very simular to the c/master, andrews.

you can still get parts for them.

does it look like this?

(picture removed?)
    Last edited by CROSSBONES; 09-12-2006 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks

Motor clamp for Dish.

Hi Cross,

Thanks for your reply. But no this old USA 1.2m dish has thick Vertical & Horizontal FG stiffening Strakes on the back. And the clamp mounted on the dish which has to take the 18" Jeager motor ball link is over 18:yrs old! It is this which is now looking very rusty and bent.

So it's this item that I'm looking to replace.

Rgds,

TB