Thread: HDMI DVD players

Thanks

HDMI DVD players

Anybody know if these hdmi players that are available at the moment give an improved picture to the normal players. I have component connections on my standard dvd recorder. Will the component connections with progressive scan work just as well. My TV is a panasonic 42PX60 and i have to say the picture on DVDs is exellant through the scart RGB.

Thanks
    Hi Bob i have the panasonic txpb50 and a philips dvd player with progessive scan via component picture is superb.Ok answer to your Q i went to currys and got 1 of these samsung 850s the 950s are no diff there the same.Hoooked it up via component some dvds look a lot sharper and others i could not see any diff.Its all down to the actual movie itself some dvds gave me 576p which was great much sharper than normal 480,there you will notice some diff the 950 u can pick up for around £65 do a search in google,hope this helps.

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by koshba View Post
    Hi Bob i have the panasonic txpb50 and a philips dvd player with progessive scan via component picture is superb.Ok answer to your Q i went to currys and got 1 of these samsung 850s the 950s are no diff there the same.Hoooked it up via component some dvds look a lot sharper and others i could not see any diff.Its all down to the actual movie itself some dvds gave me 576p which was great much sharper than normal 480,there you will notice some diff the 950 u can pick up for around £65 do a search in google,hope this helps.
    I have a Samsung 850 and 950

The 950 is different it has extra picture processing and
    picture options, it also has 5.1 a n a louge audio outputs

The other thing is both these players do not use their
    upscalers over component you have to use HDMI to see
    the benefit the extra processing does, thats why you didn't
    see much difference

576 is standard Pal and 480 is standard NTSC

How ever there is a remote hack for the 850 that allows you
    to use the upscaler using component

Theres another cheap upscaling player called an Oppo this
    is an excellent player as it uses high end chips found in
    products like Arcam, Denon etc

TNT
    Last edited by Gone_Fishing; 06-12-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks

Targa -drh-5400x

Does anyone know this player---Targa-drh-5400x

it has 250 giga hd support Dvd - plus DVD Rw - and plus and dual layer DVD
    it has scart plug and HDMI output,you can play dvx mp3 wma ,you can also record them on the Hard disk either dvx or dvd i have not try yet any recording with the mp3 ,it also support jpeg files,i start to put at least 4 dvx movie in one dvd i then transfer in to the hd

I strait away notest the quality as i try the HDMI socket with my panasonic HD tv, I m very impress for the quality ,it cost £250 not a bad price,considering that my Sony dvd cost more than that

But i must say there is a lot of difference on the quality between the scart and the HDMI socket ,the pitcure is prfect it look so real

I bought it by mistake while shopping in one of my local shop that sale food ,instead i finish to buy something electrical,

I was wondering if someone already try this Player

Regards dxman

Thanks
    i heard samsung are coming out with the 860 and 960 models soon and will have the faroudja chips for a better progressive picture. My old phillips q50 has an old version of this chip and it is excellent. My CRT tv upscales it to over 1000 interlaced lines and the picture is truly cinema like.

However most lcd tvs have a naitive resolution of 768 lines and only upscale to that, so with a good player and interlace chip your picture should get alot better.

Thanks
    Have LG upscaling to 1080i and 760p(?) 760p being the best. Some DVDs look well better but most look just the same, maybe a little sharper but that could be in my mind? HD downloads look fantastic even when compressed (could be that mind thing again). Art sport looks sh*te no matter how I view it. Still can't beat the projector No matter what the resolution size matters and I've got a whopper.