Thread: sony b-r bmw-100a, problems playing br movies

Thanks

sony b-r bmw-100a, problems playing br movies

hi guys ,
    i've just bought a sony blue ray player/burner (sony b-r bwu-100a) from the us, but i can't watch any br movies..? i did down load the up 2 date softwear, which came withe box, but few of my mates told me that actualy there is not a softwear ready for it...that's also one ff the reasons why psp3 is not on the market yet..! i did try different screens, different graphic cards, etc..but i think that my mates mates r right the sofrwear is not compatable with the unit..! if any of u know anything different, or know a bit more than me is more than welcome 2 share that information with me....!

Thanks
    Try with WinDVD or any other comercial player.

Thanks
    Not to forget that BD is region code. So if the BR drive is from US it will read only A/1.
    check image for region code

Thanks
    PlayStation 3 - Not the most comprehensive Blu-ray Disc player

The PlayStation 3 has been called the most comprehensive Blu-ray Disc player available by Sony. They even plan to start a campaign later on the year to hype this claimed fact.

However, recent discoveries has made one seriously doubt these claims. The issue is audio output particularly the new HD codecs Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD. The unit has no 5.1 ****og output so you can't get it out that way. However, it has a HDMI V1.3 port so everything should be great. But no, it does not support the transfer of the required bit streams to an external decoder / AV receiver like the recently announced Onkyo models. You can get the unit itself to decode Dolby TrueHD (NOT DTS HD) and send it as uncompressed audio to the receiver. But if you trust your new THX ULTRA 2 certified receiver to be a better unit for the job you are in bad luck. It is not possible.

So if you want all the wonders of HD on disc perhaps Playstation 3 is not the perfect choice.

f. unreal __ Almost bought a PS3 for this reason the weekend!