Thread: big dishes

Thanks

big dishes

just a quick question what would be the biggest dish i would be able to put on a concreat wall which would be motorised this has been playing on my mind for a while now as i do not have room in my garden for a ground bases dish

V.I.P
    Thanks
    1.2 -1.5 I myself would not recommend nothing bigger than a 1.2 we all got a taste of the winds over the last few days I should think if the job is done properly then 1.5M would be safe

Thanks
    I have 1.1m and this has been ok for nearly 2 years but wouldn't go too much over 1.2m to be honest

Thanks
    thanks for the replys

Can i put a motorrised 1.5m on the wall then? if so can you recomend some decent equipment ?

Thanks
    First, an decent description of that wall is due, thickness of the wall, part of what construction, maintenance, where do you live, near the coast etc.

Then what way will you use to install the dishmount, etc.

Cor

Thanks
    Concrete can be extremely difficult to drill holes in and will require the correct fixings otherwise your big dish is going to fall down!

I would do as >COR< said above and check the type of concrete wall and what you will use to secure the dish.

Thanks
    Where i come from it's not unusual to see 1.8m dishes on the wall, the fixings are very sturdy and weather proof. My 1.2m PF is mounted on the wall as well using a steel L shapped wall mount some 6" thick and metal bushings, good enough to hang 2 pigs on it.

Thanks
    how big are the pigs

Thanks
    To be fair, one good sized pig and a porker on top. My brother used to do pull ups on it, he's 80kg, the thing didn't even chake. So on a good wall a 1.8m wouldn't be a problem and it's saffer than having it on the roof.

Thanks
    it's a concreat wall with all the little stubles and pebs inside made up of little stones yes it can be drilled with work but i have the equipment for it which drills very easy at the moment a have a 1.1 dish on the wall run by a superjack motor arm huge mount it has sat for close to 3 years and no never had problems with it wind never shake it out of place so its a good job im currently located outside london my question is What is a bigggest dish i can have on the wall which can be motorised without it falling on my head by the next morning i dont mind the neighbours head thats a different story the roof is not a option only place is on this concreat crap house and the thickness of the wall is around 1 foot half maybe two
    Last edited by lezwez; 06-12-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks
    If the wall is 1 foot thick and the concrete is in good shape you have no problem with an 1.8 dish.

Seal holes after the hardware is put in to hold the mount, water in the rawlbolt holes and frost is asking for trouble in the long run, but the main Q is answered, the wall is good enough m8

Thanks
    best fixing is done with the new epoxy wall bolts they are exspensive as they release a 2 pack epoxy when bolting up, this soak into area a it with that half the house down first.

tr8

Thanks
    Thanks for the information

please could you recomend a very good quality dish and motor please i have looked around on eB** but i hear everything on there for sale is sived tin foil