Thread: Jaeger SMR-99G motor wiring

Cool Dude
    Thanks

Jaeger SMR-99G motor wiring

Don't know If Ive got this in the right section but can anybody give me some help please. I've just purchased a new Jaeger SMR-99G motor and would like to know how to wire it up to my Echostar 3000 (IP) Via. I already have a motor wired up which I intend replacing with this new motor. The four wires at the back of the Echostar are connected to the M1, M2, M Pulse and Gnd can you tell me where these wires go on the new motor ?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Icon12 Re Jaeger SMR-99G

Quote Originally Posted by centaur View Post
    Don't know If Ive got this in the right section but can anybody give me some help please. I've just purchased a new Jaeger SMR-99G motor and would like to know how to wire it up to my Echostar 3000 (IP) Via. I already have a motor wired up which I intend replacing with this new motor. The four wires at the back of the Echostar are connected to the M1, M2, M Pulse and Gnd can you tell me where these wires go on the new motor ?
    Here u go

M1 & M2 are motor

M pulse & Gnd are pulse counter (position) reed switch

Hope this helps

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I assumed M1 and M2 were motor wires but wasn't sure which one went where in the connectors on the Jaeger. I thought probably the other two wires were pulse counter reed (position) switch, but again not sure which one goes into which connector. I can see looking at the instruction leaflet on the diagram there are 5 connectors the bottom 2 are for motor and the top 2 are for 'SENSON', (which I am assuming is the 2 for the pulse counter reed (position) switch). The middle connector I take it is not used.
    Thanks for the reply, if you are able to specify which wire coming from the Echostar goes into which specific connector on the Jaeger it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    if you put the motor wire to the new motor if it goes east when it should go west just put them the other way at motor end or stb end and that's it m8

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Cheers madsod but what about the other wires for the pulse counter reed (position) switch, any suggestions where to stick those ?

Thanks
    the two thick wire are for motor and the 2 thin one's are for the reed and it does not matter which way round you have them m8 as it just counts the position . make sure you don't put the motor wire's to the reed or you will kill it . should be a drawing in the motor case is most time's

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanks for the information much appreciated. I could n't see the diagram in the motor casing although the leaflet supplied did say that there should be one there.
    So what you are saying is M1 and M2 should be connected to the bottom 2 connectors on the Jaeger and the two remaining wires coming from M Pulse and Gnd should be connected to the reed.