Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: satellite dish law (putting one up)

  1. #1
    V.I.P ManikM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,518
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 590 Times in 380 Posts

    satellite dish law (putting one up)

    guys, people have been telling me to be careful about putting my dish up!

    i assumed cos my house is freehold and under 1m - then it would be fine.

    do i need to ask \ tell the local council im putting one up - or is that asking for trouble?

    i will tell the neighbours - this way - at least they know, and will hopefully feel that im a nice chap for introducing myself and letting them know.

    LOL!

    what do u think.

    I will be moving to hemel hempstead (borough of dacorum)
    _http://www.dacorum.gov.uk

  2.    Advert



  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    387
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think you need planning permission (officially) for anything more than 1 dish attached to your house. As far as I am aware, this is not applicable if they are ground mounted.

    Although you might cause some talk if you stuck a 3m dish by your shed!!!

  4. #3
    V.I.P umgum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    630
    Thanks
    113
    Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    put it up and if anyone comes round tell them it`s an 80cm if anyone goes up to measure it just tell them you paid for an 80cm and that`s what you thought you had

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    722
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    90cm dish allowed afaik

  6. #5
    V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Hi

    You need planning for a dish thats above 1m now and thats
    anywhere on your property

    But if you are in a Designated Area (Conservation Area,
    National Park, an Area of Outstandig Natural Beauty) then
    it might be different


    TNT

  7. #6
    V.I.P ManikM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,518
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 590 Times in 380 Posts
    think i bought a 88cm TRIAX - that should be ok then eh?

  8. #7
    V.I.P fernandez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 133 Times in 75 Posts

  9. #8
    PINK Donuteater maxpayne3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    197
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    guys, people have been telling me to be careful about putting my dish up!

    i assumed cos my house is freehold and under 1m - then it would be fine.

    do i need to ask \ tell the local council im putting one up - or is that asking for trouble?

    i will tell the neighbours - this way - at least they know, and will hopefully feel that im a nice chap for introducing myself and letting them know.

    LOL!

    what do u think.

    I will be moving to hemel hempstead (borough of dacorum)
    _http://www.dacorum.gov.uk

    Everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask.
    Good Luck

    Max

    _http://www.communities.gov.uk/publications/planningandbuilding/householdersguideantennas

  10. #9
    Security Admin echelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,099
    Thanks
    12,941
    Thanked 9,189 Times in 4,496 Posts
    _http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/genpub/en/

    _http://www.warwickdc.gov.uk/WDC/Environment+and+planning/Land+and+premises/Buildings/Satellite+dishes/

    _http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/antenna/guidance

    1 metre is the maximum for 1 of them , and the other can be a mini dish

  11. #10
    V.I.P ManikM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,518
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 590 Times in 380 Posts
    LOL! that PDF is quality!!!

    and from the office of the deputy prime minister eh....didnt know he was into the sat scene.


  12. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One shouldn't give a damn about planning permissions as long as you ground mounting. If the neighbours next door are good you shouldn't have any problem.
    I don't

  13. #12
    V.I.P - Pimp Donater aslat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,148
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    But if you are in a Designated Area (Conservation Area,
    National Park, an Area of Outstandig Natural Beauty) then
    it might be different

    TNT
    Not much chance there....

    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    I will be moving to hemel hempstead (borough of dacorum)

  14. #13
    V.I.P ManikM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,518
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 590 Times in 380 Posts
    Hemel is beautiful mate!

    LOL!!

    One thing i hav noticed since having the dish mounted on my new house wall, is the noise it makes when moving, i dont yet have double glazing, and i can hear it when it moves...wonder if that annoys the neighbours....!?

    Whoopsie.

  15. #14
    V.I.P
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    395
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if u got good relations with the neighbours u dont need to worry. Give em a bottle of wine n introduce urself.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    Hemel is beautiful mate!

    LOL!!

    One thing i hav noticed since having the dish mounted on my new house wall, is the noise it makes when moving, i dont yet have double glazing, and i can hear it when it moves...wonder if that annoys the neighbours....!?

    Whoopsie.
    Mines on the ground and you can easily hear it at night through the double glazing.

  17. #16
    V.I.P ManikM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,518
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 590 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gov400 View Post
    if u got good relations with the neighbours u dont need to worry. Give em a bottle of wine n introduce urself.

    yeah no probs there (i think)

    one side invited me round for a aloe vera party, the other side i helped her fix her fence.

    lol

  18. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey! guys,
    just ask what looks unclear to you,not to cost your pocket through suggested website.I am jokinly enjoying my dodgy dish.

    Satalitte.

  19. #18
    V.I.P applematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,009
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Saw a house in Totenham north London last month - in a quite terraced street with 2 x 1 Metre dishes on the FRONT of the house, I stopped and just stared

  20. #19
    V.I.P ManikM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,518
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 590 Times in 380 Posts
    my god!!!!

    i can imagine, some people just dont care what their house looks like, or have any consideration for their neighbours!

  21. #20
    V.I.P ManikM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,518
    Thanks
    389
    Thanked 590 Times in 380 Posts
    Surely hd is not working in 28.2e or 13e

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •