Thread: Best option for a NON permanent Install?

Thanks

Best option for a NON permanent Install?

I'm looking to set-up a new motorised dish and wondered what would be the best option for a free standing fixture? I've been looking at various ground stands and a roof mount for my garage but am not sure what would be best? Also, how do I stand under UK law if the dish is a non-permanent fixture? As the dish is a 1.1 Triax which as a normal install would require planning.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    1) My 1.2 is on a stand that is bolted to a 600 x 600 paving slab. I've added a bit more weight on top of the slab because it did move a bit in stormy weather.

2) Swear blind it is a 90cm or that it has been there for over 12 years. :-)

Thanks
    I have a dish on a floor mount that is freestanding and not 'fixed' to the floor, so this would be regarded as temporary. A friend of mine had a complaint for his 1.2m dish on a permanent stand concreted into the ground, the council asked him to move it. He checked out the planing law in his area (Cheshire) and as long as the dish is on a 'temporary' mount ie freestanding he is ok. The law is a little strange here.

Thanks
    Think this one beats them all, not allowed to have it outside but can get all the strong sats between 28east and 30west (lucky south facing window)

Thanks
    Don't you need to open the window to receive the signals?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    You lose about half the signal through normal glass (more if it is wet).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Satman68 View Post
    Don't you need to open the window to receive the signals?
    no, I can assure that I get all hotbird transponders ok, 70 cm dish, 0.2db Lnb and the glass is double glazed (no signal loss)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    There IS a slight loss 'thru d.glass approx 15% of signal but this is not noticable on high power sats Hotbirds and Astras ,, Good luck to you matey and you get around planning laws too as they can't touch you when it is inside as m8s is 1.2 metre and is inside!!!!!!!