Thread: What is Cryptoworks?

Thanks

What is Cryptoworks?

I thought I start of by giving new comers what each encryption systems means and what is used for by certain companies. I will post in different threads to make life easier for all satellite owners or people who will one day own a satellite system. Hope this helps since I got the information from a reliable source wikipedia.

'Cryptoworks is a DVB conditional access system, developed by Philips CryptoTec but now belonging to Irdeto.

Cryptoworks is used by Digiturk, the BFBS satellite service, UPC Direct, the ORF, and other pay TV or free-to-view systems; mainly in Europe. It is also used to encrypt some feeds to cable television head-ends.'

Regards,

sstylianou1976

Thanks
    hi their sstylianou ,,,dont know if this is the place to ask about this if not please direct me ,,,,,,is this available on dragon or diablo light (sport1cze) 19% astra cryptoworks transponder 11671h ,,any help please (celtic v aberdeen on sat 3pm)

Thanks
    Hi Josielynne,

I am not too sure on that one if its part of the UPC package on Astra 19 Degrees east then forget it you won't be able to watch it.

There is a channel called CT4 czech sports channel on 'Astra 3A (23.5E) - 12525.00 V - DVB-S - QPSK - 27500 3/4 - NID: 0 - TID: 0 - Txp: 14 - Beam: Germany' and is open via emu on Dragon but don't know if it shows the game in question.

Sorry could not be of further help here.

Regards,

sstylianou1976

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 546 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seany View Post
    hi can anyone help i have just bought digituk on 7e in cryptoworks can i use it with my diablo cam

Try it and see!!!!

Then you know the answer!

Please stop spamming the site/board with same query/question in various threads...

Regards

Thanks
    sorry

Thanks
    does anyone know of a ota software update feed for cryptoworks cams