Thread: Help setting up a Humax 5400

Thanks

Help setting up a Humax 5400

Hi, I have been trying to set up my old 5400 for a couple of hours and failing to get anything to clear, would like to view premier and tps can anybody help.

I have loaded Toh3.4 Hot10.4, with Xumuh PMC 140208 and key.bin date 11/3/08, Pet 123 settings from a couple of months ago, time is GMT+1, tried various configs but now set to card+Emu+s card blocker: Ecm+emm.

I have an out of date Irdeto card in the slot do I need a funcard 6in1 instead? WHat am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    KP

Thanks
    When you put the card in it says card accepted it is not a problem with the card.fun,gold,silver with any irdeto valid file will do the trick.If i was you 1st load the channel listings with humbox 4.1.then load latest firmware 10.4,i use hu 1.5 to load this file,your choice though.then get a recent key bin and load with latest DSR 9500.load key bin make sure com port setting is correct,set to humax def and not samsung,put on fta channel then hit write.make sure clock is set ahead for auto tps.config settings as you already had.i hope this helped you out,i am just in from nightclub and not the best for wear but think this is accurate enough to get you on track .Good luck.

Thanks
    with tps, try clearing on france 5 first then go to the channel you want

Thanks
    Thanks guys,

I reloaded Toh3.4Hot10.4 and key.bin and left it on France5 overnight and found that some of TPS clears. I can get some of the music channels but not Multivission, any suggestions? I can also get Premier now.

PK

Thanks
    Tps should update almost immediately on france 4/5 no need to leave for a long time.

have you checked your channel frequencies?
    multivision 11662 V 27500 3/4

Personally I'm not in favour of using external pmc tables without seeing if channels
    clear first using default pmct which is included in the Hot firmware. I'd simply reload firmware and see what opens.

Thanks
    Hi, I think the settings for TPS are OK (11661 V 27500 3/5) and the pmc table is the one that came with the HOT10.4 firmware, it is odd because it occassionally clears for about a minute then scrambles, any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks
    sorry that was 3/4 not 3/5

V.I.P
    Thanks
    after firmware change
    tps
    time GMT+1
    emm off
    card +emu
    reboot box
    france 4 wait 4 pic
    then go to any tps chan

Thanks
    Here are a few tips that may help with updates and getting certain packages to clear.

Can I skip one or more ToH versions when I do an update.
    Yes you can, if you load an update that is a FULL version of the ToH software. A full update will have a size of slightly over 1MB (1000 KB).

A patch release is likely to be a lot smaller (probably approx 150KB, but size may vary). Under these cir***stances, you should ensure that your receiver has the latest full ToH that was released prior to the patch. The patch should then be loaded over the top of that full ToH.

Do I have to load all the modules when I update to the latest ToH.
    If you are unsure then I would strongly recommend loading all the modules. This is the safest route to get a sucessful update.

However, on many of updates a number of the modules will remain unchanged. This means that you may be over-writing existing software with identical software. There is no problem with this - your update will just take longer.
    Example
    Comparison of ToH3.4_HoT10.4 to ToH3.4_HoT10.6b

Firmware Module - Updated from ToH3.4_HoT10.1 to ToH3.4_HoT10.6b - changed
    PMCT Module - Updated from ToH3.4_HoT10.4 to ToH3.4_HoT10.5 - changed
    Macro Table - HIC-10500+ CAM_ToH30 in both versions - no change
    EPG Module - ToH3.3_HoT5.9 in both versions - no change
    Catone Module - CAToneV33 in both versions - no change
    TTT(Emu) Module - Updated from ToH3.4_HoT10.4 to ToH3.4_HoT10.6b - changed
    Language Module - ToH3.4Beta v01 in both versions - no change
    It is therefore possible to do a sucessful update from 10.4 to 10.6 by just using the changed modules. In HDFSmart or HTT Turbo Suite, this would be done by just having the identified modules "ticked" before you begin the update.

PMC Tables.
    Unlike Grumpyy, I believe that third party PMC Tables are often better than those included within (or with) the ToH software. If you chose a reliable creator like Xamuh, you shouldn't go far wrong and your Table is likely to be more up to date.

Do I need to keep updating my PMC Table.
    No. Primarily, your PMC Table is designed to select the optimum form of encryption / decryption to be used for each particular channel. If the channels you watch are decrypting, why bother with an update.

Why would I want to update my PMC Table after moving to ToH3.4_HoT10.6
    Earlier PMC Tables have had *** View and FreeX channels defaulting to Viaccess encryption / decryption. With the cracking of Irdeto2, the PMC Table needed to be altered to take advantage of the new Irdeto provisions within HoT10.6

I can only decrypt TPS channels intermittently.
    The two main reasons for this are:

1. The CAID Preselect is incorrectly set in the Config Menu.
    Do NOT set the CAID Preselect to Card + S + Emu. On this setting your receiver will try and find a key from the Internet (S) in preference to the Emulator (Emu). The cycle to default back to the Emulator may then take too long for the receiver to continally decrypt sucessfully.
    Set the CAID Preselect to Card + Emu. This will give the fastest response from your receiver.

2. The AES keys have not been loaded into the receiver using the France 4/5 channels to run the auto-update procedure. If the AES keys are not loaded, you are likely to experience 15 minutes (approx) of black screen followed by 1 minute (approx) of viewable picture. This occurs because the AES key feature is switched off every 15 minutes to allow for the next AES key to be activated. During the 1 minute window the TPS channels revert to using just Viaccess 1 encryption and the picture becomes viewable.

Do I need to have a special time setting in my receiver.
    No you don't. With the current software TPS should work with any time setting (e.g. GMT +1, +2, +3, -1, -2, -3, etc)

I still cannot decrypt TPS
    1. If you are using HDFSmart or HTT Humax Turbo Suite, ensure that the file "firmwaredatabase.xml" ON YOUR COMPUTER is updated to the latest version before attempting a TOH update. The latest version (included in the same zip file as the ToH) is dated 19 Mar 2008. If Windows Explorer shows a file with an earlier date, look for an update.
    2. Check that your ToH is up-to-date (Menu / ToH / HoT).
    3. Switch to a free-to-air channel (e.g. Multivision Preview) and check that you can see a picture. If you cannot, your Antenna settings may be wrong in your Channel Set-up. Not all channel sets use the same order for the Antenna numbering. The Antenna numbers for Astra and Hotbird may need reversing.
    4. Check to see whether any keys are present in the Ram Editor for Viaccess Provider 007C00. Keys may sometimes be erased during a Channel Set update.
    5. Check that CAID Preselect is set to Card + Emu.
    6. Check that any third party CAM is removed from the Common Interface slots. AES key updates may not occur if such a Cam is left in place.
    7. Ensure that your programmed Funcard, Goldcard, Silvercard (or similar) is inserted the correct way up in your in-built Irdeto Cam.
    8. Check that your Channel Set has the correct frequencies etc. for your chosen channels.

I cannot decrypt any of the Premiere channels
    1. Ensure your ToH is up to date
    2. Switch to a free-to-air Premiere channel (e.g. Premiere Direkt Portal) and check that you can see a picture. If you cannot, your Antenna settings may be wrong in your Channel Set-up. Not all channel sets use the same order for the Antenna numbering. The Antenna numbers for Astra and Hotbird may need reversing.
    3. Switch to an encrypted channel such as Premiere 1 and then press the Red Button on your remote. You should see a letter "N" in the the little square near the bottom of your screen. If you see another letter (such as "B") try updating your PMC Table to a newer version.
    4. Check as to whether the keys in the Ram Editor for Provider 0501 are up-to-date. If not, you can manually update them or try using the Nagra auto-update feature in the "Config" menu. Set this to "On" and leave the receiver on an encrypted channel such as Premiere1. Switch it back to "Off" after use.
    5. Check that you CAID Preselect in the "Config" menu is set to Card + Emu
    6. If you load a new key file, check in the Ram Editor that the new keys are actually present. Failure to update keys can occur.

Thanks
    hi alibe,
    this was too good a round up to languish down here, so i have put it up in the help section, hope you do not mind
    all the best
    voith