Thread: What dish is this?

Thanks

What dish is this?

Currently for sale on a well known social media platform & spotted it

V.I.P
    Thanks
    How much ?
    Last edited by ian; 10-07-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    How much ?
    Asking £100

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Looks like a 1.5m to me, might even be a 1.8m. If you have access to a van or pickup its probably worth it. If I still had my Transit Tipper I'd probably buy it. Your going to struggle getting it posted.

I take it you get everything ? Mount and actuator ect ?

A good clean and some Hammerite on the mount and stand and it should come up like new.

Ian.
    Last edited by ian; 10-07-2022 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Looks like a 1.5m to me, might even be a 1.8m. If you have access to a van or pickup its probably worth it. If I still had my Transit Tipper I'd probably buy it lol.

I take it you get everything ? Mount and actuator ect ?

Ian.
    On the description say 1.8 motorised

Just wondered what type it was whether a standard LNB will work on centre feed dish

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Any C120 LNB will work, but the idea with a prime focus dish is to block as little signal as possible with the LNB so one that connects in line to the feedhorn is best. The one he currently has ( that I take it you get too ? ) will be blocking signal. The feedhorn itself looks like and old mechanical poloriser and strangely it doesnt seem to have any scalers either. I was under the impression that prime focus dishes required the feedhorn to have quite large scalers, certainly larger that offset dishes anyway.

Ian.
    Last edited by ian; 10-07-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
    On the description say 1.8 motorised

Just wondered what type it was whether a standard LNB will work on centre feed dish
    Look at the dish pic from behind ..it looks like a 2 meter Prime Focus solid dish all day long i should know i have one but not just exactly like that but very close ,
    the C120 LNB will work just fine and nope @ ian it really is not required to use the Scaler Rings i get much more signal without them TBH , Dish and Actuator looks totally a huge bargain and a half , the Actuator arm alone is worth the selling price alone given how scarce they are these days .

Looks like from picture behind the dish that he is using a white car battery to power his Actuator Arm ?
    very nice but no only a modified Universal LNB will work on a prime focus dish , i use the Inverto Black Pro C120 0.2db LNB and Invacom Adjustable Feedhorn on my 2 meter Prime Focus Dish .

If you can pick it up go grab it @ Catseye m8 ...that lot there even you cleaned it up and painted the dish you can easily sell that for 10x the money given you have everything ready to go even the ground mount too , what a bargain for £100 i know i'd take that in a heart beat myself if i was living anywhere within 100 miles : )
    Good luck !

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Same Barney.

I think its a bargin too.

Ian.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Look at the dish pic from behind ..it looks like a 2 meter Prime Focus solid dish all day long i should know i have one but not just exactly like that but very close ,
    the C120 LNB will work just fine and nope @ ian it really is not required to use the Scaler Rings i get much more signal without them TBH , Dish and Actuator looks totally a huge bargain and a half , the Actuator arm alone is worth the selling price alone given how scarce they are these days .

Looks like from picture behind the dish that he is using a white car battery to power his Actuator Arm ?
    very nice but no only a modified Universal LNB will work on a prime focus dish , i use the Inverto Black Pro C120 0.2db LNB and Invacom Adjustable Feedhorn on my 2 meter Prime Focus Dish .

If you can pick it up go grab it @ Catseye m8 ...that lot there even you cleaned it up and painted the dish you can easily sell that for 10x the money given you have everything ready to go even the ground mount too , what a bargain for £100 i know i'd take that in a heart beat myself if i was living anywhere within 100 miles : )
    Good luck !
    Am I right in thonking a stand alone positioner box will work fine with his actuator?

Thanks
    V-BOX FROM Forum Sponsor will do the trick => https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Motors-and-Positioners/

That plus any good sat Box will drive the dish , Octagon SF8008 4K is very good or old TM5402 M1/2/3/4
    or Viark Sat 4K plenty of various boxes or take cable for V-box inside and use yor V-Box remote to drive dish that'll work too : )
    Last edited by Barney; 10-07-2022 at 05:17 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Its exactly the setup I use Catseye.

Vbox 11 from Goldwafers to drive my actuator using signals sent from my VU+ Solo4k. All totally transparent like the Vbox 11 was internal to the VU box. Its the setup everyone who has a proper dish with polar mount and actuator uses.

I've been using the Vbox 11 since my first Dreambox and with every subsequent sat box after that. Before that boxes all my boxes had internal positioners, but of course those were not Linux based.

Like Barney mentioned though, this proper gear is getting harder and harder to obtain, hence posts I've made in the past regarding repairing my actuators.

Ian.
    Last edited by ian; 10-07-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks
    This thread reminded me of this one!!!

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ighlight=Keano

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    I used a 90cm prime focus for a short while in the early days, my main bugbare was spares for the lnb, the feedhorn endcap was very thin and regulary got chewed up by birds bugs and and other creatures, in the end I just put thin plastic over the feed with an elastic band round it.

Eventually I bought a bigger 1.25cm glassfibre ofset dish so it ended up in the skip.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Its a 1.8 metre dish.

It interesting but too far away from me.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    The battery is it 12volts as i understood it needed 36volts to drive dish. if it is 12 volt can any cheap car battery do the job.