Thread: Technomate tm-2200 super disqec motor.

Thanks

Technomate tm-2200 super disqec motor.

My motor has just decided to stop working. I have taken it to bits and can't see anything obviously wrong, everything looks nice and clean. There is power reaching it but it just seems dead.
    Any advice on replacement. (Goldwafers don't seem to sell them)

It is for a 1m alloy dish.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It's difficult to get hold of a lot of things, I had to wait two months for fence panels.
    Why not contact Lee, at Goldwafers, and see what he recommends, and can source, for you.

just to add that my parents motor stopped working, a few months back, and all it took was re-making the cable ends, even though power seemed to be getting through.
    I assume that since you had the motor removed, you tried it near your receiver, with a new piece of cable?
    Have you also checked your receiver is putting out sufficient power, as power supply units can start failing?
    Last edited by Mickha; 22-09-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks
    TM-2200 is obviously really,really old FROM 2007 ...i'd say you did well to make it last that long 10+ Years is a good run since the gears were cheap nylon it was not made to last so long .
    The Technomate TM-2600 DiSEcQ Motor is much faster and more effective with solid gears but they are in very,very limited supply
    most sellers such as Goldwafers and many more struggle very hard now to get any stock ...same story with Actuator Arms
    they are all sold out or in very short limited supply everywhere most places just sell the older TM-2300 which again is nylon gears and not as good as the TM-2600 but may do the job for a quick fix .
    There is still a few TM2600's on Flea-bay worth a try if all else fails : )

Thanks
    I put it back together and the bloody thing lit up and started working again, but as Barney says, it is old and probably on it's last legs.
    So rather than risking put it back on my dish again I have ordered a tm2300 m3 which should be here tomorrow.

Thanks
    My new motor arrived this morning, so had a busy day up and down the ladder. Finally got it working on all sats (30W-45E) and then...no signal...then it would reappear before going again. It was the LNB that had come out in sympathy with the old motor. I had a old one fastened together with tape. So fitted that for now and I am back in action. I've ordered a new one. More expense.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    At least you've still got some good weather, to work in, and it will be ready for winter.

Apparently Christmas started today, at least on 28.2E, where great classic has now changed to all Christmas movies.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    My 2300 is still up from about the same date range, but i also have a 2600 sat on the shelf in the garage just in case.

Thanks
    Technomate TM2600 No longer available they told me at Technomate last Monday non on ******* site

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hello to everyone and hope you all ok in these difficult times....in my opinion the TM2600 is the best motor i have come across...I installed dozens of these motors ..its a shame that they are no longer available........Regards