Thread: Canadian GP replaced on F1 2021 calendar by Turkish GP due to Covid-19

Thanks

Canadian GP replaced on F1 2021 calendar by Turkish GP due to Covid-19

Canadian GP replaced on F1 2021 calendar by Turkish GP due to Covid-19 travel restrictions.
    Turkish GP at Istanbul Park drafted into the schedule for the second season in a row with Canada's Montreal event dropping out of June 11-13 slot due to ongoing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantine period.

Remagen [zGemma 2S, Vu+ duo, SS1, SS2HD, Foxsat 1000s & Foxsat HDR]
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Canadian GP replaced on F1 2021 calendar by Turkish GP due to Covid-19 travel restrictions.
    Turkish GP at Istanbul Park drafted into the schedule for the second season in a row with Canada's Montreal event dropping out of June 11-13 slot due to ongoing travel restrictions and mandatory quarantine period.
    On another site I posted that Baku to Canada was super opimistic anyway. There were only 4 days between them and that is difficult enough for countries that are on the same continent, let alone having the added problems of covid.

Baku to Istanul is just over a 2000 km (1600 miles) by road so it makes sense on two counts.
    Last edited by Detlef; 29-04-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Thanks
    there was also the issue of not being able to agree a compensation package between parties to stage without a crowd.

Thanks
    All this, yet Turkey on point of starting a national lockdown due to rising covid numbers - odd decision re GP?

Remagen [zGemma 2S, Vu+ duo, SS1, SS2HD, Foxsat 1000s & Foxsat HDR]
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    All this, yet Turkey on point of starting a national lockdown due to rising covid numbers - odd decision re GP?
    I think the original decision to move to Turkey was taken a while back by Liberty but it wasn't announced until approved by the FIA.

Sad that within a couple of days of the announcement, Turkey decided it needed a lockdown.
    At least there isn't a ticket sales advert up for Turkey, yet.