Thread: Motor problem

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Motor problem

Hi. I was trying to turn dish last night for football but was getting no signal message on satellite I wanted. I moved to another satellite and got reception (turned out this was luck). But when I moved back to what I wanted I got the same no signal message. Then I lost everything. So I thought it must be a loose connection. Checked everything inside and was ok. Tried another receiver, but same. Outside there was power going to the motor (light was on). So I jiggled the LNB cable. Went back inside and tryed 28E. Nothing. Went outside and found dish at about 45W! Manually tried to bring it back east with the remote but motor stops at about 1W now and won't go further east! I select any sat and it returns to the extreme west setting. Has my motor had it? It's a technomate and worked fine the day before. Any ideas?

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    check the cable to the motor, ie take it off and if long enough re do it, then send motor to 0 but are you using diseq or usals, if diseq yoiu may need to save all sats again. how old is it?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbmitie For This Useful Post:

echelon (01-10-2019), pricey (01-10-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Can you please post more details:
    Dish size?
    Make/type of motor?
    Receiver, are you using USALS or Diseqc 1.2, to move your motor?
    General location?

If using USALS have you checked your Latitude, and Longitude, configuration?
    Has the dish moved, in the weather?
    Is the dish/motor easily accessible?

Has your motor got a reset switch?
    You might have to start from scratch, in setting up your dish/motor, but first I'd check your full cable run, and connections, for signs of damage, and water ingress.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi guys. The motor is a Technomate. Its about 10 years old. Unsure of type. I am using Diseqc 1.2 with a Technomate 5402. I am outside Belfast. I thought it may have been rainwater but this happened before the downpours last night. I will have to get the ladders out to check the connections and look for a reset switch. The connection to the motor must be ok because I can use the remote to move the dish east, but it won't go back as far as 1w??? But I will check all outside connections etc.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Have you reset the electronic limits in diseqc menu even if you are using usals you need to disable limits in diseqc menu I have had similar problems with my spider box you then need to set them again if using diseqc but I dont bother as im using USAL and as long as you don't enable sats out of its usable arc there should be no problem
    Last edited by rolec; 01-10-2019 at 10:58 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rolec For This Useful Post:

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. Got ladders out (the joy of satellite). The motor is a TM 2300 super. Stuck a hairclip in the reset button. Then uncovered the east west control on the motor. Nothing happened apart from the power light turning orange. The dish did move further west a tiny bit and then stopped at 60w!! Couldn't get it to budge after that.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Good news. Reconnected all cables after checking. I think the LNB cable was snagging the motor cable when turning and caused one of them to loosen. Reset satellites. All ok now. Thanks for your time.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pricey For This Useful Post:

echelon (01-10-2019), gbmitie (02-10-2019), Mickha (01-10-2019)