Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spider box and VIP status

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi I had my first satellite in 1982...as you can imagine there were only a handful of channels available ..its a different world today .Its certainly not the end as far as i am concerned as there is still tons of stuff available on satellites and will be for a few more years yet..IPTV is good but cannot beat satellites for quality and reliability in my opinion.

Regards

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

fibreman (07-10-2019), funtime26 (07-10-2019)

3.    Advert

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KARABANGA View Post
    Hi I had my first satellite in 1982...as you can imagine there were only a handful of channels available ..its a different world today .Its certainly not the end as far as i am concerned as there is still tons of stuff available on satellites and will be for a few more years yet..IPTV is good but cannot beat satellites for quality and reliability in my opinion.

Regards
    We must all be getting old ! I remember D2Mac and TV1000. I originally used to visit my local Sat dealer to get the card updated. As you say I think there is some life left for a bit longer in Satellite. Its also a good pastime seeing what you can get.
    fibreman

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fibreman For This Useful Post:

echelon (07-10-2019), KARABANGA (08-10-2019)

Verified Registered User funtime26's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh the days of D2mac, TV1000 and Filmnet....and maybe Red Hot Dutch? lol
    Remember having an Amstrad SRD-510..but wasn't my first box.
    Agreed still fun. I enjoy the getting it more than watching it tbh! (apart from the footie)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funtime26 For This Useful Post:

echelon (07-10-2019), KARABANGA (08-10-2019)

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    IKS is back up and running at the moment, for those still using their Spiderboxes.
    Regards Mobley2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mobley2 For This Useful Post:

johnhenry (08-10-2019)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 654 Posts
    Your right what was left is going again, I thought it was dead and buried, its a welcome return, thanks to ever got it working again.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    It may as well be dead and buried as far as I am concerned. It was a pretty good service up to about 12 months ago, for about 5 years or so. Since then it has lost about 75% of the channels and what's left is only available about 40% of the time. Absolutely no feedback from the mods about future plans or fixing current problems. For my purposes, watching sport, it has become completely unreliable and an embarrassment when I have promised events to others. I won't be renewing.

I have now turned to IPTV which is far more reliable and quality much improved. Even the free IPTV on Hitech is better than nothing on IKS.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 654 Posts
    I agree Thom, but those of of us that have been around for a bit use whatevers available, sport has been quite good on IPTV but a lot of other channels have gone, one thing that I observed is things change all the time these days, the films on the Hitech don't seem to work at the mo but the filth and footy do, the films in the past have taken a dive but always come back.

Lets wait and see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12