Thread: Anyone sell via ******* site ?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts

Anyone sell via ******* site ?

i sell a good bit on there , but got pi**ed of them altering my listings to offers and usually half the listed buy it now price.

tonight they altered another 2 items so contacted them , its a automated process but i can show you how to turn it off

That turned out to be same process i do day after day , after almost a hour was told you can decline the offer and not accept .

All items ended , better things to do with my time if i want to accept offers id put it in the listing myself.

Thanks
    Just had a customer survey How did we do , my reply few words may get blocked out

****ing crap , i've ended all my listings until you remove the option to drop prices on buy it now , you can review the chat as not wasting anymore time explaining why i'm ****ed off.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

echelon (14-07-2019), holmroad (14-07-2019), traveller (17-07-2019)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,885 Times in 2,266 Posts
    The site has been ****e for selling now for years and it's not much better for buying.

They seem to be trying to market it as a shop, but they seem to have forgotten they don't own anything on the site.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CokeAddict For This Useful Post:

catseye (17-07-2019), cosworth4x4 (14-07-2019), Dig Deep (15-07-2019), Nikkas (17-07-2019)

Thanks
    They are far more concerned about people contacting each other directly than advertising fraudulent items. I have been threatened with a ban for trying to find someone's phone number yet constantly see items advertised that are not as described.
    I sometimes browse through the generator adverts, there is a very common type which is a Chinese clone producing about 4-5 Kva, they have a single cylinder diesel engine. Often they are shown as "British made" by Perkins and 18.5 Kva multi cylinder turbo or similar nonsense. I made the effort to point this out so as to prevent anyone being fooled but it was a waste of time. This has convinced my that they are only interested in making money, regardless of how!

Thanks
    I have found a good way of selling things is on book marketplace. No charges or commission.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    They always side with the buyer. I sold a tablet as "Parts or not working". Buyer wanted to return it because it was not working and that I didn't say that it had a virus, which was untrue. The site made me refund the buyer and pay for the return postage. Buyer left me feedback saying "dishonest seller" but the site would not remove it until after I had several online chats and 2 phone calls with them. A nightmare.

Thanks
    It would not be too bad them putting you're items up for offer but they also change it to accept a min offer .

An example item for sale at buy it now £29.99 , they change it to make a offer and accept offers over £15 i always managed to alter it before any offer or items bought.

But what would have happen'd if i did not as i didn't make the alteration .

That was what annoyed me.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,885 Times in 2,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    It would not be too bad them putting you're items up for offer but they also change it to accept a min offer .

An example item for sale at buy it now £29.99 , they change it to make a offer and accept offers over £15 i always managed to alter it before any offer or items bought.

But what would have happen'd if i did not as i didn't make the alteration .

That was what annoyed me.
    Just curious, but if you were too slow, or missed one for example, do you only get £15 for the item, or do they cover the £14.99 loss (only asking as recently they have been giving discount codes like 20% from selected sellers, those sellers still get there full asking price though).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CokeAddict For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (19-07-2019)

Thanks
    I cant see them stumping up the 50% difference , lucky no one ever bought at that price i always altered it in time .

But yeah would have been nice to see what would have happened.