Thread: Women - football - world cup?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts

Women - football - world cup?

I hate watching football - in fact I'd rather do about a million things to avoid watching it as I find it boring, much like golf - snooker - cricket - horse racing and all those other boring sports.
    I sometimes watch Sky news and have been seeing a lot of adverts for women playing football & cricket - so I assume that this is now a thing that's going to be on TV more.
    I also assume there are people on this very forum that watch these sports so I have a question for you!

When men play football, they often pretend someone has kicked them, etc - and start rolling around on the ground feigning pain - then get up a few seconds later, shake a leg and then walk about like nothings happened (a bit poncy if you ask me). Do women do the same thing? IE pretend someone has punched them in the left breast or kicked them - and start rolling about on the pitch - or is this just a 'man' thing?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Think the USA team were very noticeable in over-dramatics on many occasions, often falling as if pole-axed or holding their throats after being brushed by an accidental trailing arm!
    So the ladies were exactly as we constantly get in the men's game too.
    (IMHO)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to holmroad For This Useful Post:

mrdude (13-07-2019)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    So basically the women as a much 'drama queens' as the men are - another thing to avoid on the TV then! Cheers for the reply. Hopefully they will have the women's beach volleyball world cup soon - that's a sport I would watch, and I most likely wouldn't care who was taking part, who won etc - I'd just be focusing on a 'couple' of things most likely!