Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorized dish will not move West?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    yep, it could be , so ideally you replace the spiderbox with a different diseqc receiver and try moving the motor to 30w, or by hand if your motor has buttons on it to move it manually ?

by having a dish pointed at 30 west you get a fixed dish system, ditto for 28.2 east which is what sly do

shame you dont live in manc as I have a few spare dishes you could have which you could mount for 30w or 28 east etc , one 80cm dish of mine actually has 13e + 19e + 28.2e on an lnb rack as seen in the sticky threads here in the lnb section (or dish section , or both , lol) - this uses a diseqc switch system and also includes my dish at 30w as well (most diseqc switches are 4 way but others are available) - a manual switch is 2 way , A + B + Common - where COMMON goes to your spiderbox and you switch it by hand , like a light switch

but most people do not want several dishes , hence why you have a single motorised dish and a spiderbox system, I get that

but as you get what you generally need , adding a dish pointed at 30w seemed a simple enough solution, and although a zone 1 39cm dish MAY do the trick, I know for a fact that a 59cm zone 2 sly dish will work because I use one myself

2. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

chopper1 (01-03-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi In my opinion USALS is always the best option..as its an automatic finder and 1.2Disecq is a manual and store function ie you need to move the dish manually to all the sats you want and store their positions. USALS is better because when you found the first satellite it will calculate the distance between each satellite and stop when it reaches the satellite..Whether you use USALS or 1.2Disecq you will need to tweak the dish until all the sats are found....assuming your motor is working ok. Regards

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

chopper1 (01-03-2019)

Thanks
    i do have a spare receiver in the bedroom not set up for motorised, i could maybe try this to see if dish moves west, that would rule out a receiver problem

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chopper1 For This Useful Post:

echelon (01-03-2019)

Thanks
    i have now connected up the spare receiver its on 23.5 east not set up for motorised

i have moved the dish west trying to pick up 0.8 West signal bars still showing at 13 east it must me the motor problem
    Last edited by chopper1; 01-03-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks
    if dish moves from 28 to hotbird then motor could be ok ,disconnect cable to dish, do a factory reset on satbox.download latest software,and reflash box ,then start from scratch

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

chopper1 (01-03-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi i would recommend that before doing any factory restores its advisable to backup all your data to a USB..then do a factory reset and then restore your data from the USB. If a motor is faulty doing any factory resets will not solve the problem. The motor is actually moving west when going from say 28 east to 23 19 or 13 east. Problem may be due to limits being set or satellites not recognized by the motor ie satellites have not been setup correctly for motor......Regards

Thanks
    if you save the data you will probable y reinstall the same fault

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi ..Its very unlikely to be a software issue.as motor is actually moving east to west..its worth a try..also if you have a motorized system its best to have a backup rather than starting from zero..very time consuming.

Regards.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

chopper1 (04-03-2019)

Thanks
    happy days, i disabled the limits tried to move dish to 0.8 west & no signal

Then tried 30 west hispasat dish moved west and bingo! signal good again, wonder what happened to cause the problem in the first place??

havent tried moving dish back east should be ok though
    Last edited by chopper1; 04-03-2019 at 08:32 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chopper1 For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-03-2019)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi..At last its working again...we assume. I personally would not set any limits. the motor has its own limits set when it goes from one satellite to another. Remember that the Spiderbox is very slow in moving the dish and you should allow time for the motor to reach the satellites. Also do make a backup of your data to USB..you may need it one day. If you require further advice let us know. Regards

Thanks
    hi guys,
    was moving the dish there and the power cut out the spiderbox rebotted itself before the dish got to the position, now i have no signal on any satellites?
    help much appreciated!
    thanks, Chopper

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Is the box actually working??? If its working then go into Menu - Satellite settings and check if you get the red signal at 77%..it could a cable problem. Also does dish move,,check for green light on motor...I suspect its a cable issue if box is working. Also when its fixed make a backup of your settings to USB in case you need to restore -this is very important if you have a motorized system. Regards

Regards

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

chopper1 (01-06-2019)

Thanks
    thanks, tried my spare receiver and the dish is moving and stored the main satellites by diseq

the main receiver must be faulty or else the USALS settings have gone haywire as i can't pick up a signal on any and the dish is all over the place

looks like i will have to start from scratch and reload the channel list and set up USAL longitude/latitude co-ordinates again?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi If your spare receiver is picking up satellites using USALS then the dish is ok...if the Spiderbox is moving the dish but not stopping at the correct locations then probably USALS settings are incorrect..you can try to locate satellites manually by using the 1.2 disecq(Position) method ...and move dish manually east or west till you pick up a signal and storing the position......Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12