Thread: Xmas Shopping

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts

Xmas Shopping

Panic Stations are getting to amber alert now!

It's my mum's birthday in 4 days, and Xmas the week later - and I have not bought any presents yet. I'm pretty bad at Xmas shopping to be honest, usually it's a mad stressful panic on Xmas eve, rushing around and trying to get everyone something at the last moment.

I suppose I could just go on E bay and buy stuff, hoping it's delivered in time for Xmas eve. I'm surely not the only pimps member who goes into panic mode around about this time of year. One year I couldn't think of anything to buy for my uncle & aunt, and as they usually buy me a combined present from them both, I decided to return the favour and bought an Xbox and some games - I said the Xbox was for my uncle and the games were for my aunt. Come Xmas day, my aunt burst out crying when she got her present - however my uncle was pretty chuffed :-).

Generally my family don't give m a hard time about the rubbish presents they get, as I do quite a bit for them during the year and randomly buy them things and do DIY jobs, so that gets me off the hook a little bit.

I'd like to hear other pimps stories, on crap presents bought, stress levels etc..... that will cheer me up knowing that I'm not alone with my (annoyance) about Xmas and the whole present scenario.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

holmroad (13-12-2018), Nikkas (13-12-2018), seagate1 (15-12-2018)

Thanks
    My "emergency" Christmas presents consist of a Christmas card containing £20 of mixed lottery scratch cards --- with a condition attached " any big wins remember who gave you the cards " !!
    Happy Christmas .
    Regards

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oscar For This Useful Post:

mrdude (14-12-2018), Nikkas (13-12-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    My "emergency" Christmas presents consist of a Christmas card containing £20 of mixed lottery scratch cards --- with a condition attached " any big wins remember who gave you the cards " !!
    Happy Christmas .
    Regards
    did you read about the bloke who doctoted a scratchcard to try and win £200.000by changing a F to an E surely these cards have serial numbers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to satwyn For This Useful Post:

mrdude (16-12-2018)

Thanks
    As far as I know - when I hand in any (not very often) winning cards , they scratch off another panel and type in a number .
    So in answer yes I guess they are serial numbered .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oscar For This Useful Post:

mrdude (16-12-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Jings, crivens, help ma boab, my post has now morphed into a post about scratch cards - haha! Oh well I guess for you guys - xmas present shopping is not an issue :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

Barney (16-12-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
    Jings, crivens, help ma boab, my post has now morphed into a post about scratch cards - haha! Oh well I guess for you guys - xmas present shopping is not an issue :-)
    Haven't done a single bit of Christmas shopping -- I can't see the point in buying crap just for the sake of giving "something".
    Sure there are things I would like but I feel guilty mentioning things I know the price of -- unlike a friend who lives in Australia who will be in the UK for Christmas and has made a list for his aged parents including £250 for a pair of shorts .
    He has also told his parents not to buy "anything cheap" for their son's new girl friend of 3 months who is also coming over with them.
    Have a listen to this released in 1962 and so true today -- h++ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZWQcl1C-c8
    Regards

12. The Following User Says Thank You to oscar For This Useful Post:

mrdude (16-12-2018)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,251 Posts
    Christmas shopping is what Xmas Eve is for.

Just take yourself into town and buy anything that you think they would like that hasn't sold out.

Simples.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CokeAddict For This Useful Post:

mrdude (16-12-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdude View Post
    Panic Stations are getting to amber alert now!

It's my mum's birthday in 4 days, and Xmas the week later - and I have not bought any presents yet. I'm pretty bad at Xmas shopping to be honest, usually it's a mad stressful panic on Xmas eve, rushing around and trying to get everyone something at the last moment.

I suppose I could just go on E bay and buy stuff, hoping it's delivered in time for Xmas eve. I'm surely not the only pimps member who goes into panic mode around about this time of year. One year I couldn't think of anything to buy for my uncle & aunt, and as they usually buy me a combined present from them both, I decided to return the favour and bought an Xbox and some games - I said the Xbox was for my uncle and the games were for my aunt. Come Xmas day, my aunt burst out crying when she got her present - however my uncle was pretty chuffed :-).

Generally my family don't give m a hard time about the rubbish presents they get, as I do quite a bit for them during the year and randomly buy them things and do DIY jobs, so that gets me off the hook a little bit.

I'd like to hear other pimps stories, on crap presents bought, stress levels etc..... that will cheer me up knowing that I'm not alone with my (annoyance) about Xmas and the whole present scenario.
    i agree with you mrdude i went Thursday everything that i was buying was a list even Christmas card. well after about 30mins i was in melt down, and came back home not even Christmas card.why do thay force other things on you, your just looking and theirs some shop worker there, can i help. do you help me get dressed in the morning no, then p i s s off. i feel your pain its a nightmare mrdude.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to seagate1 For This Useful Post:

mrdude (16-12-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You still have time not to make this happen. You could go on ****** tonight and take a trial of prime and all the presents could be delivered tomorrow. Just takes the effort for one evening and then you wont have the hassle on christmas eve. you still have time to even moonpig people if you cannot be arsed going out and shopping for cards.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

mrdude (16-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    What is Christmas shopping , i just hand over the cash much easier

But in all honesty the lottery tickets is not to bad an idea, you can give them something they will be 50/50 happy or disappointed.

Same with a ticket they don't win not happy they win happy .

we wont get into the odds on not winning
    Last edited by cosworth4x4; 15-12-2018 at 10:29 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

Barney (16-12-2018), mrdude (16-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    OF Course Scratch cards and Lotto ticket is real easy and no#1 on my list every year
    i usually pop into my local butcher get a voucher £15 and hunt down a pack of smokes for myself... and a couple packs as presents
    Scratcher's , Lotto and a smoke or voucher for the butchers
    [ Crimbo sorted just like that ] , last year i braved running into Debenhams for a voucher
    much easier and more pleasurable wading through a bunch of young hot attractive females to get what i need than to face a pile of savages present hunting at last moments .

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

mrdude (16-12-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I've now completed my shopping :-). After the OP I went and asked people what they wanted for xmas - then I went on the E bay and bought all the presents. Everything is now here - just needing wrapped up. I've just got little things to buy now like sweets/drink (stuff that you can get from Asda etc.), so panic stations are back to green level.

Thank god - another Xmas shopping nightmare over and done with :-).

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

Barney (16-12-2018), Nikkas (16-12-2018)

Thanks
    Mine done all on line too. Last to arrive tomorrow. So will finish wrapping early again this year. All the prep for the day in progress & on target.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikkas For This Useful Post:

mrdude (17-12-2018)