Thread: Self Cleaning Ovens

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts

Self Cleaning Ovens

So I'm putting a new kitchen in my house, and decided to put some new appliances in while I was at it. I waited until black Friday to try and get some deals and ended up buying this oven: BOSCH - Serie 8 HBG674BS1B

I've not fitted it yet as the kitchen is still getting made (by hand), so I don't know how good these self cleaning ovens actually are as I've never owned one before. I just wonder - are they really all that good at cleaning as they are supposed to turn grease etc to ash and then just need wiped out. Also how often do they need cleaned (I generally only cook pizzas and the odd pie in the oven), do you let the 'dirt' build up for a while and then clean, or clean while it's not that bad?

To be honest - cleaning ovens is not high on my things I like to do list, so something that makes that job easier is good - but I'd like to hear from people who have one of these ovens own personal views on how they rate their oven, rather than the 1 or 2 youtube videos that there are.

Thanks
    had one but they need 40/45 amp supply,got rid and got a bosch fan oven only uses 13 amp supply,self cleaning took about 1 hour+ and runs at max power and oven gets red hot,door locks until oven cools down,make sure kitchen units can take the high temp.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    That oven I've bought needs 32 amp supply, the induction hob is the same as well - but I already have the supply in place so it's not an issue. I don't think the units need to take a high temp as the heat will be inside the oven and the oven is safe to the touch on the outside. But I'll read the instructions and see if this is mentioned anywhere. How clean does your oven get after running the self cleaning cycle? is it just a case of wiping the ash out - or does it require some elbow grease?

Thanks
    brush out ash after cooldown door unlocks bit of a smell when running at max temp.used to take about 3 hours.got rid.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

mrdude (29-11-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    We have an aeg one and just asked the mrs and she says yes they do clean but the bottom plate on ours does not. The sides and top do self clean.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

mrdude (29-11-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Ok, thanks guys. I'll let you know in a few weeks time - when I get around to putting this in and cooking some stuff in it.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    I just use Oven Pride, remove all trays and rails put em in the included plastic bag pour in the solution and leave overnite. Next day rinse and they are like new. For any bits that are caked in on the inside walls I use a bit of the solution and cling film to stop it drying then wipe dow with a wet sponge, no elbow grease required. Didn't even know self cleaning ovens were a thing. :(