Thread: Ceiling rose!

Thanks

Ceiling rose!

Doubtless electricians on here will laugh at me for overlooking something obvious but I can take it!! Ceiling rose, (MK quality!), replaced 35 years ago. Still looks like new. Wires as secure as ever. The light has always performed perfectly on / off with old style bulbs. Now I have tried the more modern LED bulbs, (standard bayonet fitting), the light works fine when the switch is ON. However when I switch OFF the light remains ON at approx half of the light. Anyone any thoughts please?!

Thanks
    try switching off at fuse box, take off light switch .remove red wire from switch,put power back on ,did light go out,if it did problem may be contact gap in old switch. also is it one way or two way switching.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

echelon (25-11-2018)

Thanks
    Well done Joe! You have focused my attention on the switch. (Two way). The switch is an old 'security switch'. I then remembered that I have an identical switch elsewhere that stopped functioning properly!! (Also 2 way). Just swapped bulb to LED in that and have identical issue! Will now try an ordinary MK switch on one of them in the daylight on Tuesday. Many thanks Joe.
    EDIT....
    Have just looked at switches on line. Looks like the 2 that I have are now called 'Timeguard' with a comment
    Minimum filament load - 40W, Maximum filament load - 300W
    Only suitable for low energy lamps by using FLA01 adaptor (not supplied)

Looks like my question is answered!
    Last edited by captainglassback; 25-11-2018 at 07:17 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to captainglassback For This Useful Post:

Dig Deep (26-11-2018), echelon (25-11-2018), JOE.MADDISON (25-11-2018)