Thread: Mscam v IKS on Hitechbox

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Mscam v IKS on Hitechbox

I'm sure this question has been asked before but what's the difference between IKS and Mscam when installed on a Hitechbox 9000/ 9200 ?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I'm sure you'll get more than one opinion about this, but basically they cover the same channels. Over the past couple of years people on the forum have reported more problems with mscam than IKS (server down more often, etc).

However, since it appears that it is now impossible to renew IKS subscriptions for the HitTech Box (or any ither box except the Spiderbox 6000), people have had to consider alternatives, including mscam.

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    If the box has been patched with an IKS patch, then there should not be a problem renewing, unless the person had at sometime changed to an MSCam Patch,
    to my knowledge it is only the later Hitech boxes that need to use the MSCam patch, also, it is still possible to renew IKS on older Spiderboxes, as Ihave recently done
    on my Spiderbox 9000. In theory, you should get the same service from either patch, ( sadly the channel selection is getting smaller, all the time) In recent times the
    MSCam patch does seem to have been down a lot more frequently, as has been said.
    Regards Mobley2

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Interesting your news on IKS renewal. I have a Spiderbox 9900 and the forum/site I was on for several years abruptly decided that Spiderboxes 7000-9900 would no longer be supported, only the 6000.
    Maybe you could let me know via private message where you were able to renew the IKS on your box.

Thanks.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    cccam lines cheaper than both iks and mscam and widely available also generally more reliable

6. The Following User Says Thank You to satwyn For This Useful Post:

port06 (08-11-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    A good suggestion, I know many swear by cccam. I'm going to give a whirl sometime soon.

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    All you need to do is put VAS, in front of the Cam that you are talking about, and, you will be on the right forum.
    Regards Mobley2

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobley2 View Post
    All you need to do is put VAS, in front of the Cam that you are talking about, and, you will be on the right forum.
    Regards Mobley2
    Sorry, you seem to have lost me here. I went back to the original forum which had been going for 5+ years and I was unable to get any current information
    (the address of that forum already has VAS in it's address).

Cheers!

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobo40 View Post
    Sorry, you seem to have lost me here. I went back to the original forum which had been going for 5+ years and I was unable to get any current information
    (the address of that forum already has VAS in it's address).

Cheers!
    You need to Register as VIP member follow the link in the 1st post in General Discussion.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I am a VIP member of that forum, but this doesn't appear to advance matters.

Thanks.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Postcript: I finally made my way to the payment page of the said forum and indeed it appears that Spiderbox receivers 7000-9900 can again have licences. Since there are no
    dates available to tell me if this from very recent days (my licence expired on 20 October and renewal was not possible then) orif it's from last year, I'll hold off for a bit, even if
    the recent experience of Mobley 2 is encouraging.

Thanks again

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobley2 View Post
    If the box has been patched with an IKS patch, then there should not be a problem renewing, unless the person had at sometime changed to an MSCam Patch,
    to my knowledge it is only the later Hitech boxes that need to use the MSCam patch, also, it is still possible to renew IKS on older Spiderboxes, as Ihave recently done
    on my Spiderbox 9000. In theory, you should get the same service from either patch, ( sadly the channel selection is getting smaller, all the time) In recent times the
    MSCam patch does seem to have been down a lot more frequently, as has been said.
    Regards Mobley2
    Confirming your news about the availability of IKS subscriptions, I too was able to renew my licence. Again, many thanks!

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    Its a strange box what ever patch you use, its driven me potty in the last 6 months, the streaming side has very good weekends but the sat side does my head in.