Thread: hdmi digital modulater problem

Thanks

Question hdmi digital modulater problem

have used a hdmi digital moulator for 2/3 years it works fine when i use hdmi input from edison or mutant boxes but if sky +hd box is used tvs give blue screen and tapping noises from tv speakers,do settings need changing

Thanks
    and the answer is insert a htmi powered splitter between sky box and digital modulator, and picture on tvs.to fix sound turn off dolbly d and use normal in sky box.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

hda5 (30-10-2018), saintomer1866 (29-10-2018)

Thanks
    big but when tv connected to the splitter is switched off,the sky box kills the signal to the splitter,killing the modulator feed.back to square one.

Thanks
    seen adds for technomate digital modulator on eb*y which says they work with skyboxes,but do they ?.... can you feed hdmi out of sky +hd box to the new modulator.... without having to keep a tv on next to the sbox.my modulator is a few years old and has one hdmi in to mod,the new version has two hdmi sockets one in and one out...sky boxes have copy protection built in via hdmi...tv signals box....box allows program to be displayed..my modulator does not give the go signal to he sky box...do not know if the new modulator does ? any body got one ?
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 02-11-2018 at 12:44 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting the thread. I hadn't considered this as a method of distribution to a second set. Just watched a video on youtube for the Edison kit, looks good.
    I'm using the HDMI over cat5(network cable). It can be a bit flakey sometimes, turning the plugs on and off seems to cure it, sometimes I get sparkles on the picture. The IR is good as well. The only problem is I can only have a main and second TV. The third TV is on the RF out.
    If you do get the technomate please let us know what it's like.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well , i bought the techno-mate Ir version of the HDMI modulator. Currently running with my main slybox HD+ to bedroom and kitchen. From the Slybox rf2 out goes into the techno-mate then from there it goes into splitter box(magic eye compatible) , Then to the tvs, both have the magic eye on them. I had to retune the tv- digital side and the modulated channel was picked up and assigned number 800( 21 during scan) on the digital side of things(default out of the box). HD picture is fine as you'd expect, the channel change is a little delayed. So if you are a channel hopper then you going to be annoyed. My other digital channels are unaffected. I have my aerial plugged into the slybox as well. I haven't tried the IR that came with the modulator not need at this point. I don't have SlYQ so i am unable to test. Early days yet , I will let you know of any problems I get.

Thanks
    is your hdmi out from skybox going straight to the modulato,do you have to have a tv,connected via hdmi to ,allow the modulater to work,my old hdmi modulator,needs a powered hdmi splitter between the sky box and modulator one leg out to tv and ,the other out to modulator,turn the tv on next to modulator and bedroom and kitchen tvs ok,turn tv off and bedroom and kitchen also loose signal.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The HDMI goes straight from the box to the modulator. Then the loop through HDMI goes to my Surround sound Receiver . The signal is fine on the other tv's if mine is turned off(Surround sound Receiver and tv).

h**p://***.technomate.com/products/TM%252dRF-HD-IR.html/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gadstamut For This Useful Post:

JOE.MADDISON (09-11-2018)