Thread: Recording via USB on Icecrypt s3200

Thanks

Recording via USB on Icecrypt s3200

I have been using the Icecrypt S3200 for some years and recording from it using a Seagate 0.5TB HDD connected via its USB port and formatted FAT32. I am trying to replace the HDD with a Seagate 2TB drive. It is too big for FAT32 formatting but as Icecrypt say NTFS is supported I have formatted the HDD NTFS. The receiver can 'see' the drive but when I select USB on the menu only 'Storage Information' is highlighted and I never get the message that the HDD is connected via USB as I do with the 0.5TB drive. Any ideas how to fix this?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi ji308 i dont know what the physical limits of HDD connected to icecrypt is but you could partition the HDD into 4 X 0.5 GB drives and see if it sees them all,i use memory sticks as i found that an hdd connected takes too long to scan if theres a lot of files on it.

Thanks
    I have tried partitioning the drive to well under the level of the existing working drive and with NTFS formatting but it did not cure the problem. My laptop will not format even the small partition with FAT32, indicating the drive is too large for FAT32.

As the Icecrypt offers to format the disk (although I get no response when I try that when it already has NTFS formatting) I am wondering whether it expects an unformatted disk initially so it can do the formatting optimally. I cannot find out how to remove a formatting although after failing to format FAT32 there is some indication the disk is unformatted so I am going to try that.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Windows will ask you if you want to run the file. Click yes. It will ask you if you want to allow it to have (Admin) access to your computer. Click yes. The program will start. Select a drive to format. Click Start. Your drive should be formatted in a few seconds
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. The problem appears to be not with the formatting but with the size of the drive, which Seagate advise for use as a PVR should be less than 2TB. Sounds right as their 0.5TB drive works OK with the Icecrypt.