Thread: What's the best box to get for sport?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spiderbox 9000 HD 80cm dish Lnbs main 13e primaries 19e & 0.8w also Sky HD
    Thanks
    Adwardo I am still using Spiderbox 9000HD, this is still a very good box just for satellite and you can still get IKS for this receiver. Reference the shocks I have experienced this but I have put this down to the static I have built up due to the clothes material I wear, all that is happening is when I touch the receiver it earths the static. If you are setting up your dish again might be an idea to do this first on the Spiderbox 9000HD of which you know how to use. Once all up and running at no cost, if you want get a new receiver in the future you then know the dish is working well.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhenry View Post
    Adwardo I am still using Spiderbox 9000HD, this is still a very good box just for satellite and you can still get IKS for this receiver. Reference the shocks I have experienced this but I have put this down to the static I have built up due to the clothes material I wear, all that is happening is when I touch the receiver it earths the static. If you are setting up your dish again might be an idea to do this first on the Spiderbox 9000HD of which you know how to use. Once all up and running at no cost, if you want get a new receiver in the future you then know the dish is working well.
    Good advice. I may as well dust it off and see if it works first. Where is the best place to find the latest patches?

Re the shocks, I'm sure it's not static from clothes. Much more likely the box earthing through us - as the unit itself does not have an earth wire on the power lead.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Right, I have just plugged it in and it still seems to work. So, I'm going to go with that for the time being. May as well.

What do you recommend I do to it to bring it up to date?

Thanks in advance.