Thread: BBC_Astra_28_Dish

Thanks

BBC_Astra_28_Dish

Hi there
    guys I need help about this setup I have 180cm prime focus dish with ku band feed horn , feed horn arms are 94cm with two holes for minor adjustment . since it came with common ku band feed holder later on need to change a ku band lnb and feed horn which are designed for prime focus as may you can see in the picture most channels work but hd channels between 9 pm to 12 pm depends on weather disappear sd channels works 24/7 even in heavy weather in pursuing of hd channels I bought Invacom c120 twin lnb with matching c120 feed horn thought just one swap will solve my problem but its turns to be failure when I change lnb to Invacom all I get is flicker AGC stable but SNR jumps from 0 to 100 thats what all I get checked on two different boxes with same result what im doing wrong here swap back to old lnb setup everything works please do require expert opinion Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    If your signal quality is jumping. from 0 - 100%, it usually means a cable problem.
    Try re-doing the cable connections, at both ends, ensuring you have left sufficient braid, to make a good contact.
    fit a F connector.jpg

For signal problems we need to know your general location, most channels are now using the UK spot beam.

Thanks
    Hi there
    will make sure and re-do the cable location is Germany Schleswig Holstein only that 180cm dish working UK spot beam other dish like Fuba 85cm and unBrand 130cm UK Beam BBC hd Ch 5 hd doesn't work maybe till noon if weather is clear since football started I think that UK beam is much weaken ,would like to know if that lnb and feed horn are okay suitable for my setup .
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts

Icon3

The Center Piece is missing on your dish dunno if that makes any difference ?
    Invacom C120 Adjustable Feedhorn is right great choice of feed horn the best for prime focus dishes .

The Invacom C120 LNB however i tested a lot myself on my 2 meter prime focus dish many years ago and i was not very long discovering what a total pile of sh1t it really was for signals ,lol's

i dug out old pics of my LNB and dish [ its from 4 years ago however ] but i never had to change or adjust anything since then , because my signals on every sat are really stable even HD Channels, but yes beam for 28E is so easy for me even a 60cm dish is more than enuff for everything on 28.2E .
    I use Invacom C120 Adjustable Feedhorn and Inverto Black Pro C120 LNB , bit of a D.I.Y job for my C120 LNB Holder if your wondering it was from a old cog wheel from an old van of mine but does the job perfectly
    i have replaced the screws on LNB Holder since that pic as they got rusted out pretty bad [ irish weather ] ,lol's

but get rid of that Invacom C120 LNB , i recall having exactly the same frustrations when i set up my 2 meter prime focus dish years ago ,
    messing around with various C120 LNB's and being mega disappointed with HD Signals even on 28.2E [ Fail after Fail ] until i tested the Inverto C120 Black Pro 0.2db LNB and never looked back since ,it may possibly be cable problems you have but i am not sure because i've never had any luck with INVACOM C120 LNB's at all .
    i hope you get it sorted , all i can do is suggest to you exactly what works really well for me to avoid the major stress .
    i have no problems at all locking BBC HD or ITV HD on both 28.2E and 27.5W [ BISS ] for FIFA W/Cup games .

All my other dishes are offset dishes 3x78cm motorized Triax Dishes and Genuine Channel master 1.2m offset motorized dish all use Golden Media Universal LNB's which i tested and found better than Inverto Black Ultra LNB but many here will not agree but every dish is different its about what works best for you .

hope this info helps a little bit ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Barney; 30-06-2018 at 02:39 AM.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

jovie (01-07-2018), manic01 (30-06-2018), saintomer1866 (30-06-2018), viaccess2 (03-07-2018)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    looks like the petalised dishes that are available on ****, if it is the cheap Chinese dish they are known to be garbage for ku reception.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 3tv For This Useful Post:

Barney (01-07-2018)

Thanks
    My IRTE 2m dish has different feedarm lengths for C band and Ku band ( different focal depths). Check you have right arm length for the band you are after.
    Last edited by renibacterium; 01-07-2018 at 04:31 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to renibacterium For This Useful Post:

viaccess2 (03-07-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Firstly is it possible to check signal with a sat meter next to the dish. Firstly set up the dish connected to the meter. After you have got your correct transponder signal at the correct strenght. You will know that the sat and lnb are set up correctly. Then connect cable to receiver, if then you have a problem. It will be the cable problem or connectors.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afterlife For This Useful Post:

Barney (01-07-2018), viaccess2 (03-07-2018)

Thanks
    I have the same lnb etc and could not get it to work with its own matching feed horn - despite playing with the in/out adjustment. I left that off in the end and just connected the lnb to the feed horn i already had - something to do with the distance from the front of the feed horn to where the signal meets the the sensor reed inside the lnb. The signal bounces down the inside of the feed horn ans has to meet the sensor in the correct place. The original feedhorn that came with the dish when it had a swedish microwave lnb was ok

The C120 feed horn works well as a lowering spacer for the blade on my lawnmower

I think the C120 feed horn is the wrong length for some dishes - my old one was a bit longer
    Last edited by Mumbles; 02-07-2018 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks
    hi there everybody
    thanks everybody who try to help me Many thanks ,a local technician showed up who claimed not familiar with prime focus did manage to bring bbc hd working so far very stable up to 9 db, itv hd since I could not check before 8pm can't say anything at the moment not working itv sd quite well up to 13db he told me that Cuxhaven a town NOT faraway from me 90cm dish all channels working yes all hd 24/7 surprised about 70-80 km away no idea if that's true or not am I in a dead angle or what... he refresh cable connectors which he said was full of white stuff...... NO invacom lnb did not work we talked on phone he said lnb out of order I don't know if there is any way to check lnb since mine was bought in Spain year ago exchange or send it back no option . yeah 27.5 west is good option miner drawback like epg, recording one of my box working with biss keys but sooner or later biss keys going to change hope not or even whole system change if or when 4k free to air channel on air thought if I could manage proper way to watch and receive, DM900 don't know if can handle biss keys, if I figure out how to test lnb if its working or not and try myself on weekend