Thread: Cant use Go-ogle today...

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts

Cant use Go-ogle today...

because I won't accept their privacy conditions, .com and .co.uk both refuse to work because I wont agree to them ripping my data off, strangely go-ogle.ie is still working ok ?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Obviously from Eire i've only ever used g00gle.ie which seems fine but sure enuff
    Every other site i go to has pop ups about cookies and privacy conditions it is excessive and OTT but thats the world we live in today ,
    accept their terms [ demands ] , or you are viewing blocked web pages .

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Their terms and conditions allow them with your permission to take your history bookmarks personal data and track you or anything else that takes their fancy and sell it on, this underhand sneeky behaviour should be a criminal offence !

All organisations and companys are now following most governments security services all over the world as they hoover up every single thing you do or say or write, they store it on servers to use against you should they so wish at a later date.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    I've always used the HOSTS file to block analytics and tracking sites. It allows Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. to offer suggestions but as their links go via analytics and tracking sites it cannot reach them. The work around is to surf the suggested sites manually.

DuckDuckGo is an alternative that doesn't track but it returns USA sites as priority.

As regards Cookie permissions, the sites I have allowed still ask on every visit - so much for cookies remembering a users' preferences.

Just out of interest, Googling campervan hire shows this (title) text

_www.yescapa.co.uk/Campervan/Hire‎

but in reality it sends this to Google

h++ps://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj21NPd7PbbAhU L4xsKHe5_AdwYABAAGgJ3bA&ohost=www .google.com&cid=CAESEOD2BqpzM6lmN 4NGgwSZQ9o&sig=AOD64_1xqXj59Y1Prl Mv9hSg-tG7pgdzwA&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiNiM7d7Pb bAhWSzaQKHevfCPoQ0QwIJw&adurl=

No doubt someone can decode it and work out my inside leg measurement and what I ate for breakfast
    Last edited by Detlef; 28-06-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    The heavy handed blocking approach ended about 1030am Friday morning, I can now use both again without agreeing to anything, unless they are going to steal my details anyway wether I agree or not !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (29-06-2018)

Thanks
    Google are also playing around with Gmail also, now to bring up my contacts I have to go in the apps square on the top right hand side of the page open up then go into contacts, before I simply clicked on the red contacts top left. When I click on this now it shows a warning box where to find my contacts!

Why dont they just leave things alone always changing just for their own good.