Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't you hate it when - ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,275 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Get a Whippet.

No cats in my garden ever lol. The Whippets much faster than any cat and when a cat sits on top of a 6ft fence, thinking its safe there to torment a dog, well trust me its not. A Whippet can clear a 6ft fence from a standing jump and it will grab the cat by the throat as it does so.

Ian.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ian For This Useful Post:

Aldo (13-06-2018), manic01 (11-06-2018), mrdude (11-06-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Get a Whippet.

No cats in my garden ever lol. The Whippets much faster than any cat and when a cat sits on top of a 6ft fence, thinking its safe there to torment a dog, well trust me its not. A Whippet can clear a 6ft fence from a standing jump and it will grab the cat by the throat as it does so.

Ian.
    That actually sounds like a cunning plan. I'm not a fan of cats TBH and I have been thinking about getting a dog for a while (I love all dogs). I was thinking about a Siberian Husky as I love those dogs - I doubt a cat would stand much of a chance if it came into contact with that either, or even a Husky/Als atian cross. Spookily enough I was looking on the net last week to see if there were any husky rescue dogs that were quite young, but they were all old ones I saw around my area. There were some nice pups for sale as well, but mostly in England - although I would probably travel down there to get a nice dog.

At the minute I am just finishing doing my Livingroom - (new flooring coming on Thursday, and skirtings/facings on Friday), but as I made a new wall - I need to do my Kitchen as well - which is only half done just now. So probably in a couple of months time I'll get a dog once all the mess has gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,239 Posts
    Anti-freeze is the nasty way for a cat to die if people want to dispatch a cat find a less painless way. My cat does the unusual by crapping in the corner of our garden under a large conifer that we hope stunts it's growth. The tree not the cat.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:

manic01 (14-06-2018), mrdude (12-06-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
    Anti-freeze is the nasty way for a cat to die if people want to dispatch a cat find a less painless way. My cat does the unusual by crapping in the corner of our garden under a large conifer that we hope stunts it's growth. The tree not the cat.
    Jings- you'll have the PC brigade (the people that erode our country & make it a worse place to live) complaining about your post soon enough - even though it's just common knowledge, the GAG police will be sitting in PC HQ and drawing up plans on how to silence you!

Anyway come to think of it - there are literally hundreds of ways to 'dispatch a cat', but just trapping them and taking them about 10 miles away and dropping them in the middle of nowhere - is quite a humane way, that way the cat lives and pesters someone else - unless they are chipped - then drop them off in the middle of the countryside and hope they have rubbish homing instincts, they should be ok as there's lots of mice to eat and puddles to drink from. :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,239 Posts
    I was just being anti tree huggers so may upset vegans. Nothing about cats.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
    I was just being anti tree huggers so may upset vegans. Nothing about cats.
    Tell that to the cardigan wearing, bi-***ual or sis-gender/no-gender, tree hugging, anti establishment, pro equal rights for grass/mice/trees/horses etc... brigade. I'm sure the feminazis would also have something to complain about as well - they can find a reason to whinge about anything - that includes the fact that the earth and other planets orbit the sun in an anti-clockwise direction, which makes their periods happen 12x per earth revolution of the sun (probably God was a man and done that way, to **** them off).
    Last edited by mrdude; 12-06-2018 at 07:59 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

Aldo (12-06-2018), catseye (13-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts
    A big dog works wonders in our garden

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
    A big dog works wonders in our garden
    Back on topic:

I decided to have a Fray Bentos pie for my tea tonight (Chicken and Bacon). Now I've not had one of these pies for ages and I was really looking forward to getting my laughing gear around it. So after the 35 minutes of cooking time I was drooling thinking about it - what a disappointment, after lifting the crust - there was next to no filling. Just this sloppy yellowish goop and literally about 3 bits of chicken about the size of the end part of my little finger. WTF is going on, I remember when those pies used to have lots of filling in. To say I'm disappointed is a fair analogy - also now I need to make something else for my tea as the pie was very *****isfying.

One word sums it up - Meh!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Steak and Ale ones the same , we had one for tea as you said mostly pastry and gravy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

mrdude (13-06-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12